How do you deal with arm pump?

I like probably every rider out there has had to deal with arm pump at times. I've found that releasing my grip and pushing on the bars when braking or entering a corner helps a great deal. what are some other techniques used.

I dont ride hard enough to get arm pump:prof:. However...... Not gripping your bars so tight helps to prevent that. But that also goes hand in hand with not riding so hard that you dont get arm pump.

On a serious note though. Good fitness, being properly stretched and not having a death grip are probably the best ways to prevent arm pump. It even happens to the pro's. So there really is an exact science to prevent it. The the things Ive listed sure do help alot.

I dont ride hard enough to get arm pump:prof:. However...... Not gripping your bars so tight helps to prevent that. But that also goes hand in hand with not riding so hard that you dont get arm pump.

On a serious note though. Good fitness, being properly stretched and not having a death grip are probably the best ways to prevent arm pump. It even happens to the pro's. So there really is an exact science to prevent it. The the things Ive listed sure do help alot.
One thing I did to help arm pump is get a another bike….that RM 250 tires you out…however the 300 XC is sooooo much easier to ride. As far as not riding hard I can do that until my buddys show up.

One thing I did to help arm pump is get a another bike….that RM 250 tires you out…however the 300 XC is sooooo much easier to ride. As far as not riding hard I can do that until my buddys show up.

It could be the suspension on the RM is set up differently than the 300. Typically the harder the compression and faster the rebound the more you have to grip. At least in my experience. So sounds like the 300 is more suited to you in the suspension dept.

It could be the suspension on the RM is set up differently than the 300. Typically the harder the compression and faster the rebound the more you have to grip. At least in my experience. So sounds like the 300 is more suited to you in the suspension dept.
I know the suspension is probably part of it, but the power delivery is much smoother than the RM which helps a lot. I think that helps me as much as anything else….at least I'm faster on it.

Just keep riding hard and eventually you'll build the strength in your forearms to rip hard all day, that or go to the gym and do arm work outs.