How cool is this?

I was paying WAAY too much taxes on my property tax the day before they were due.

My issue was they were doing NOTHING for me!

I made a call to the locals. I left a polite message that my road to my place looked like it had been carpet bombed by B52's.

Shit the bed!

It has since been graded and salted with gravel!

I came here this weekend, and all was good! I was beside myself! Everything was perfect!

I called them back and said "Thank You!" because people always tell them bad things, I wanted to tell them I appreciated what they did, and I thought it was cool as F!

They don't get that too often!

Let me be the first!

perfect example of "A closed mouth dont get fed" saying.

Speak up and things will happen.. good stuff buck... its nice to hear that some city officials dont have their head so far up their ass they can actually hear the people.

James

Staff member
perfect example of "A closed mouth dont get fed" saying.

Speak up and things will happen.. good stuff buck... its nice to hear that some city officials dont have their head so far up their ass they can actually hear the people.
Depends on the tone though.

If you go all :rant: :foul: :blah: :f: :foul::rant:....you're probably going to get :finger: in return. :noidea:

:lol: Very true, also have to do a little :gibbs: :stick: :deadhorse:....

I was referring to the outside world. :P

It turns out that the manager for the county services is someone I know. We hunt and fish, and get together in the evening at a local hunt club and share beers. I know his dad and brother. We share the same friends. He put 2 and 2 together, and took care of me!

Yeah, it's too bad that's how things get done these days ... I've got a similar situation, I can't get the city to return phone calls or e-mails however my sons friend works for them so if I ever need anything like my fence fixed, more DG for the horse trail, etc. he'll take care of it. :thumb:

I bought 6 more Plum trees this week. I planted 17 apples, pears, and peaches! Here goes the plums! I love doing this! It feels good, and will be awesome when they fruit!

It's hard work, but will pay dividends!

We have 2 55 gal bbls filled from the natural stream at my cabin and dissolve a commercial grade of nutrients and supplements to make sure they go as ape shit as possible.

We now have allies in the county! If a pile of premium topsoil ends up at the end of my property, I'll be doing a service to the county to get rid of it when I plant more fruit trees and a pile of pines this year!

I bought 6 more Plum trees this week. I planted 17 apples, pears, and peaches! Here goes the plums! I love doing this! It feels good, and will be awesome when they fruit!

It's hard work, but will pay dividends!

We have 2 55 gal bbls filled from the natural stream at my cabin and dissolve a commercial grade of nutrients and supplements to make sure they go as ape shit as possible.

We now have allies in the county! If a pile of premium topsoil ends up at the end of my property, I'll be doing a service to the county to get rid of it when I plant more fruit trees and a pile of pines this year!

Your cabin/orchard sounds so cool. What a great feeling that must be. I just have a little garden and it feels good to go out and pick food for my salad. Property with room to do things on is what I wish I had. I barely have room for my small garden. Enjoy Buck. Post some pics too!

Things work a little better where you live apparently. I have called my city several times over the last few years to take care of mud, trees that need trimming, holes in our streets and so on. You know what they did, absolutely nothing because we have no money. What a bunch of shit that is. I still pay my taxes along with everyone else so where is the money going. Not to our schools or anything else that is good for the community. My new attitude to all this is - :finger:

Things work a little better where you live apparently. I have called my city several times over the last few years to take care of mud, trees that need trimming, holes in our streets and so on. You know what they did, absolutely nothing because we have no money. What a bunch of shit that is. I still pay my taxes along with everyone else so where is the money going. Not to our schools or anything else that is good for the community. My new attitude to all this is - :finger:

You don't live in Bell do you ... :smirk:

Sorry to hear that!

I'm still shitting and grinning! All of the trees are blooming, and I'm planting more this weekend! How cool is that? Awesome!
I'm going for an Ohio Country Tree Farm designation! That will cut my property tax in half! It is a lot of work, but I think it will be cool! The thing that makes it cooler than fuck is that an ODNR dude will come out to verify I'm a tree hugger, and possibly cut my taxes in half! How 'bout those beans? Waaay to funny and Waaaay too cool !

I'm going for an Ohio Country Tree Farm designation! That will cut my property tax in half! It is a lot of work, but I think it will be cool! The thing that makes it cooler than fuck is that an ODNR dude will come out to verify I'm a tree hugger, and possibly cut my taxes in half! How 'bout those beans? Waaay to funny and Waaaay too cool !
Thats what my neighbor across the street did. Planted a ton of pine trees and now he pays's next to nothing for taxes on his 60 acre plot