How are alpinestar tech10s

Thanks. I was thinking the higher models are going to have more protection than lower models. What is ya'lls thoughts on that?

im sure there is some in betyween boots that are good enough protection.

first boots i had were the worst boots you can get, 100 dollar mavrick fly's that had no protection and i rolled my ankle putting me out for 6 months. After that i decided to do a bunch of online research and reading a shit ton of reviews from all kinds of random places. from that i got that the tech 10's and the Sidi's were the best two with some mixed feelings about the tech 10's saying that they were better when it was the 8's. so i went into a store and tried both on. while in the store the sales guy was confirming a lot of the stuff i read online so i went with the sidi's. Going on 2 years now and they are still great. i have hit some rocks with my foot doing like 55 mph. it whiped my entire leg back and over the bike to were i was on 1 side but never hurt my toe or ankle.

i love my sidi's but dont discount the tech 10's cause everyone i have met that owns tech 10's says they love em.... both are pricey tho.

i would look into some thor's or those Garners(spelled right?) for some mid range boots.

Just for the record, I really like my Alpinstars Tech 7's. I did not care for the booty that comes with some of the others.

Just for the record, I really like my Alpinstars Tech 7's. I did not care for the booty that comes with some of the others.

I've had 3 sets of Astar Tech 7's and currently wear Sidi. Astars were great. The Sidi boot bothers me after about 3 days of riding due to standing up and the flat sole of the boot. I will try on Astars Tech 10 and do a better comparison next time I'm in the market to buy new boots.

Ive had some pretty nasty situations on a dirt track where I'm glad to have my Tech 7's, Ive had my left foot run over, my ankle smashed in between 2 bikes, my bike land directly on my foot after a high side, and got on the bike after every time. Kinda cheap, comfy, light, Im on my 3rd pair of Tech 7's right now and its because of getting them burned by a down pipe with no heal shield. I tried on 10's in the store and they didn't seem to fit the way that 7's do. Im not too much of a fan of the inner bootie thing, just make sure they are on good & tight! Cant go wrong with A stars.

I wore AXO boots for years back in the 80's and 90's and loved them (didn't hurt that I was getting them free as well). I have since owned Tech 6's, 8's and currently Tech 10's. I hear everyone not liking the inner booties, but I am a fan. I broke my ankle while wearing Tech 6s and I currently have a plate and 6 screws holding it together and the support I get from the inner booties makes my ankles feel secure better.

It all depends on what you like. A boot that works for me may not work for you. You need to try them on and walk around and see how they feel.