Other Honda xr80r carb question

Carb was removed for cleaning and re-installed....cant seem to find where this hose, which comes out of the side of the carb, goes....also , why would gas not pull from the petcock to the carb after the cleaning and install of the carb , thanks guys
This is my nephews bike and hes driving me nuts to ride it again, lol

Attachments

• 20201216_095906.jpg
    20201216_095906.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 9

SRAD97750

Staff member
Howdy,
There should be a fuel line from the carb to the petcock. There will be little to no evidence that the fuel is getting to the carb if the float and petcock are working correctly. It will fill the bowl and stop.
You can pull the hose and watch it flow into a gas can if you want to verify flow from the petcock.
The carb will have vent lines that go to atmosphere and attach to nothing, probably what you see there.
Can you take a picture of the carb where the hoses come off?
-BIG DAN :thumb:

I have the fuel line hooked up....this hose comes off behind it off the carb....when I turn on the petcock unhooked from gas line, it pours gas like normal.....when I hook up gas line and turn on petcock, nothing....its not filling up bowl or making it to bowl...it just sits

Attachments

• 20201216_103413.jpg
    20201216_103413.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
That hose runs up and slips under a metal tab on top of frame rail. just a breather and needs to be above carby.
Could also just slip into the frame, same on all the honda's I have had.
Start here:

Last edited:
Thanks
The fuel bowl is empty.....so the float is off or has to be adjusted in order for gas to even come through the hose from petcock?
Just wanting to make sure I'm understanding before I remove the carb again

Thanks
The fuel bowl is empty.....so the float is off or has to be adjusted in order for gas to even come through the hose from petcock?
Just wanting to make sure I'm understanding before I remove the carb again
First: Check fuel cock filter by turning on fuel for flow, no flow, clear by dropping it out and checking if clogged.
Second: See manual and you will understand fuel float level is critical.
Third: Tap carb to see if float is just stuck, if not: Remove carb and bowl to set float height.