450F Honda crf 450 Dosent start....

Hello there.

I live in Sweden and I just bought a Honda crf 450 -03, It was runing great until I was going out in the forest-- Low Rpm and low gear and it easily died and realy dident have the power to run there, I really needed to go hard on the clutch. I took a look on the camchain and everything was okej, I was driving it for about another day, when it suddenly died and dident want to start more. So I took a look at the sparkplug and it was bright blue and good. But still it dident want to start. The valves looked decent when I measured them

When Im trying to kick start the bike it dosent feel that hard like it used to a little easier to kick like no compreassion. I tried with Start gas but it dident even do nothing. So I took another look at the spark I saw the spark was coming and going but I shaked around the cabels and fixed it up tight, and it was steady, spark everytime I kicked. I also checked the stator and was on 18.99Ohm when I meassured with my muiltimeter it is supose to between 9-25. But still no look nothing with startgas or fuel. What do you think is the problem. it makes me frusterated beacuse I cant seem to find the problem. Oh yeah its rebuilt so it haves light and stuff atm. Please help and thanks for answering.

1 Camchain -ok

2 Stator what I belive is ok

3 It doesnt even do nothing with startgas

4 To easy to kick

I have no clue what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check compression, and double check valves clearances. Air filter ok?
Air filter is all good, even try to take it of and no change. I went out and checked the Ohm again on the stator and it only showed me 7ohm and that is to low the recomended is 9-25. But why do I still have a spark that is pretty blue and strong?

Air filter is all good, even try to take it of and no change. I went out and checked the Ohm again on the stator and it only showed me 7ohm and that is to low the recomended is 9-25. But why do I still have a spark that is pretty blue and strong?
I've been fooled into replacing good parts by condemning a part with the ohm test.If your getting spark your probably good, if you want to be sure, get an old spark plug,gap it out to about an 1/8" inch and try for spark again, if your spark makes that gap, your secondary ignition is good(coil and wire) but don't rely solely on ohm test unless circuit is open, or shorted.

Okej this is it. I started to clean the carrbourator until it was nice and clean. I took out the Stator and meassuread it on 200ohm and I got out 8.0 Its a bit low, like I said it should be between 9-25, I changed the oil and fixed everything up nice, I had a good spark and I was really &%$#@!ing sure it would start this time. The only change this time was that it did sometimes some quik cough cough and then I could kick for a good time then it could go cough cough....... nothing happend when I tried to push start it, I did not give it gas or choke, after a while I started to give up so I stod and gave it alot of gas and chock and it only flooded. Beffore it was so easy to start that bike 2-3 kicks, Any ideas?

Do us all a favor and double check the valves, if I'm not mistaken the cam lobes will be pointing slightly upwards on the intake side when you're where it needs to be.

SRAD97750

Staff member
...The valves looked decent when I measured them...
...When Im trying to kick start the bike it dosent feel that hard like it used to a little easier to kick like no compreassion....
..To easy to kick...
Are you sure about that? I have compression
Conflicting information here...
What is your compression average over 3 attempts? Hot or cold?
What are your valve clearances set at? When was the last valve job?

When a modern 4T doesn't start but has spark... valves, valves, valves...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Last edited: