2 Stroke Honda cr85 stalls when put in gear and try to ride off

Hey guys so im new and i picked up a honda cr85 for a good price had my mechanic clean the carb change fluids and all but the honda cr85 stalls when put in gear and try to ride off If you go down hill it works but up hill it stalls the carb is good and cleaned and adjusted the bike idles good and when you put it in gear stays on but when you let go of the clutch it stalls even if u gove it alot of gas it moves a little then dies unless you have speed what could the problem

When you do get it going... down hill or whatever... Does it seem to have decent power? Or does it feel like your an elephant riding on it? If thats the case it sounds like it could be a compression issue. On my CR250, even with the clutch pulled in, as soon as I kicked it into first gear it would die until it warmed up. Sticky clutch plates. But the power was solid so I knew it was a clutch issue.

Sometimes those alloy clutch baskets get worn down, the fingers where the plates, friction and metal wear grooves from use. In a pinch you could smooth them down with a draw file on the outer basket, and a rat tail file for the inner basket. Make sure to clean it off before installing the plates with parts cleaner, and make sure its as smooth as possible. This may get you riding for a while until you replace your clutch baskets.....