250F Honda 19 inch wheel

Good evening all,

I’m sure this is a dumb question but I own a Honda crf250f, wanting to buy a spare rear wheel assembly for the dunes. Do I need a Honda specific wheel assembly or just a 19 inch wheel assembly?

I’m new to this sport.

Thanks in advance

- Jon

Dunes are going to swallow that little thumper, especially with a paddle. Make sure you keep the oil and air filter fresh.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The rear wheel will have to match your year and model. Brake rotor, sprocket, axle bushings, axle diameter, and overall width are fairly specific to each make and model. Good luck! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Dunes are going to swallow that little thumper, especially with a paddle. Make sure you keep the oil and air filter fresh.
Good afternoon,

Just to conform. Are you saying that it will damage the bike or just won’t perform the best?

Thanks in advance

- Jon

SRAD97750

Staff member
Good afternoon,

Just to conform. Are you saying that it will damage the bike or just won’t perform the best?

Thanks in advance

- Jon
It was a generalization that may or may not apply to you regarding 250 performance in the sand.
On the other hand,
I have seen on more than one occasion, a 250F be the absolute king of twisty sandy hillclimbs. It depends on the rider, the setup, and the trail/hill conditions.- BIG DAN:thumb:

The crf250f is a different breed.
I just assumed he wanted a paddle because he wanted a spare wheel
That is correct, I do want it for a paddle tire assembly. The plan is to just put a paddle on the current wheel to see if sand is something I want to do before investing more. Should get on the dunes in a month.

Silly side note, I meant 18inch for the rear assembly.