home made bar adapters!

Just a quick 3-view drawing i whipped together, I plan on making these soon for my RM125 to adapt from 7/8" bars to 1-1/8".
Photo0062.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! :D

By the way, feel free to use and mod this to your own liking. :thumb:

The 1 1/8th aluminum bars are a lot more resistant to bending than typical 7/8 steel bars. I've had the same set of bars for more than 10 years and they are still straight.

:blah::blah::blah: :naughty: Not a fair statement coming from you. Just how many times have you hit the ground cleonard??? :smirk: Once or twice in the past 10 years? :prof:

But that is the truth, they are much stronger than the 7/8 ths. I have hit the ground many times in the past 6100 + miles and my bars are still perfect..:devil:

What's the benefit of 1 1/8" bars over 7/8"? :noidea:

Bigger grips .....:noidea:

Just a quick 3-view drawing i whipped together, I plan on making these soon for my RM125 to adapt from 7/8" bars to 1-1/8".
Photo0062.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! :D

By the way, feel free to use and mod this to your own liking. :thumb:

...I've never seen a set of risers so I don't know how they're mounted, if you have to leave the stock lower clamp in place, I'm not diggin that! :shocked:

2/8ths of pure badassery Dan :prof:

Great drawing Hawk :thumb:

1st, you even have the views right in the drawings.....:thumb:,

looks sweet man, i do quite a bit of machining myself. And if i didn't know how poor you are i would say just spend the 35$ for the protaper kit :smirk:, oh and i got an extra renthal 1 1/8 somewhere around here

Yes, just because of the finish, add because of others have have seen from different companies have been billit:prof:

You might want to google "billit" and see what they have to say about. My (work) experience is, any block of "raw" aluminum used to extrude "parts" is called a billit. It's possible that there are various levels of billit quality pure, blended, scrap, etc. as for the finish, I do believe that is due to 1 of 2 things....1) the surface finish inside the extruding die...(usually smooth so as not to cause tears, or binding during the extruding process) or 2) extruded products can be "finished" after the extruding process by polishing (CDA :devil:), wet honing, etc...........:prof: Check it out! :thumb: