Amatuer Hillclimb races???

HEY! I'm open to anything anybody can tell me. I think it would be an absolute blast for me to do a hillclimb. It's one of my most favorite things to do on a motorcycle (thank you 'invader downhills'- for those of you who know where they are). I think I would rock a hillclimb race. Has anyone ever done one? how do they work? (I think I have an idea but I'd like some more info) what about the bikes? is it possible to do one on my 250? (I can climb some pretty gnarly hills with it, so I'm not too worried)
please tell me anything and everything you know about them! I really appreciate it, and I really really wanna do one!
thanks!

I love hillclimbs, but I really hate getting stuck half way up. Invader, sorry not for me. I just watch when I go there. There way taller climbs in Jawbone that are just crazy steep and well over 1000 feet tall.

Anyhow the hill climb competitions that I'm aware of are on extra tough hills and are raced using specially constructed bikes.

Yes! Special constructed bikes with loooooong swingarms. So much fun to watch! There is a hill climb competition every twice a year in Tracy, CA.. A Pro race but, they have another hill climb for amatures to try. I ALMOST tried it but was there to film instead so I didnt. It wasnt THAT bad because it was soft dirt and all you had to do was pin it. Nothing like slipper, steep slopes of Jawbone. I think they are worse then the amature hill at this race.

This is the place, it's called Carnegie.
Not exactly Widow Maker but hard enough! Love, love, love watching hill climbing in person. DO IT Onedream! :thumb: You seem to be very talented on an athletic level, so you probably would be very good at it.

Yes! Special constructed bikes with loooooong swingarms. So much fun to watch! There is a hill climb competition every twice a year in Tracy, CA.. A Pro race but, they have another hill climb for amatures to try. I ALMOST tried it but was there to film instead so I didnt. It wasnt THAT bad because it was soft dirt and all you had to do was pin it. Nothing like slipper, steep slopes of Jawbone. I think they are worse then the amature hill at this race.

This is the place, it's called Carnegie.
Not exactly Widow Maker but hard enough! Love, love, love watching hill climbing in person. DO IT Onedream! :thumb: You seem to be very talented on an athletic level, so you probably would be very good at it.
This hill climb really does not look that steep. It seems like more of an uphill course competition to see who is the fastest.

HEY! I'm open to anything anybody can tell me. I think it would be an absolute blast for me to do a hillclimb. It's one of my most favorite things to do on a motorcycle (thank you 'invader downhills'- for those of you who know where they are). I think I would rock a hillclimb race. Has anyone ever done one? how do they work? (I think I have an idea but I'd like some more info) what about the bikes? is it possible to do one on my 250? (I can climb some pretty gnarly hills with it, so I'm not too worried)
please tell me anything and everything you know about them! I really appreciate it, and I really really wanna do one!
thanks!
Hill climb bikes are usually 500 2ts or better with extended swing arms

This hill climb really does not look that steep. It seems like more of an uphill course competition to see who is the fastest.

Ya as I said it isnt exactly Widow Maker. This may be one of the easier competitions they have. I think one of the few on the West Coast though. Do they have "Pro" hill climbs at Jawbone?:noidea: I have never heard of any. Much different terrain too.

yeah thanks!!! I'm definitely good at both mx and offroad/ hills. I'm not gonna stop here, gonna find a bike to ride and definitely look up that ama grand champ hill climb in Wisconsin. I know I can do it... and it will be hard I know it, but i'll train and I won't give up. I've got my dad and A lot of the guys from vikings MC behind me and helping me.. so we will see where it goes.

No pro hill climbs that I'm aware of at Jawbone. I was once lucky enough to have seen some older gentlemen on hill climb bikes attacking some of the largest climbs there. It was pretty amazing to watch. Video just doesn't do it justice.

yeah thanks!!! I'm definitely good at both mx and offroad/ hills. I'm not gonna stop here, gonna find a bike to ride and definitely look up that ama grand champ hill climb in Wisconsin. I know I can do it... and it will be hard I know it, but i'll train and I won't give up. I've got my dad and A lot of the guys from vikings MC behind me and helping me.. so we will see where it goes.

I like your spirit Onedream! Very few if any women challenge those narly pro hillclimbs. It take more muscles them most women have. You are muscling that bike all the way up and once the boinage starts all hell breaks loose and that is when a lot of luck and even more muscle come into play. I saw a only a couple of women try the amature hill and it was not really THAT bad. But none in the Pro Class. Start doing some super steep climbs for practice and be sure to have you Dad and his friends film you so you can share with us and represent women who hill climb:hail::clap::thumb: DO IT!!!! Because I never will, Im too old and chicken:lol:

Love me some hill climbs. Not that great at em but im getting better. I got a lot of gut to be hauled up them hills.

Yeah but you got alot of engine in your bike to haul you up those hills. I figure if you and I climbed the same hill, if you used not more than 1/2 throttle to get up it, I'd be using at least 3/4 to get up it. No replacement for displacement.

Yeah but you got alot of engine in your bike to haul you up those hills. I figure if you and I climbed the same hill, if you used not more than 1/2 throttle to get up it, I'd be using at least 3/4 to get up it. No replacement for displacement.

dont really work out that way... i know it seems it but these heavy bikes with a heavy rider sink a lot easier. Granted if i got on your bike it would prolly blow up :P