Hillclimb Bikes Anyone?

Hillclimber.jpeg
Anyone like hillclimb bikes like I do?! 150 to 200 horsepower nitro burning machines with extended wheel base and lugging terra flex knobs the size of a cigarette pack. 60 shots of nitrous standard, burning bubble gum and cotton candy race fuel. 24 in rear rim with 10 to 12 paddles. 4 cycle crotch rocket motors shoved in a 250 frame. I love hillclimbing and everything about it. Motocross/supercross riders hate one another, hillclimbers are a community of friends helping each other with broke/missing parts and picking out the fastest line up monster of a mountain. this is my buddys bike and he makes it looks seamless when flying up a hill. We got everything from V twins to 1429cc KZs Ninja and R1 motors and of course the GSXRs

8744801.jpg

8744957.jpg

8744996.jpg

**not my photos**

8744801.jpg

8744957.jpg

8744996.jpg

**not my photos**

I like dinking around on hills, usually if there's one on a trail ride, I'll play on it. I do remember, when I was a kid, watching the widowmaker competition every year on wide world of sports, that was bad ass, course then me and my friends would try to imitate those guys afterwards and break all the plastic off our bikes.

I like dinking around on hills, usually if there's one on a trail ride, I'll play on it. I do remember, when I was a kid, watching the widowmaker competition every year on wide world of sports, that was bad ass, course then me and my friends would try to imitate those guys afterwards and break all the plastic off our bikes.
I hear ya man I have a collection of busted up fenders and bend ass handle bars hahah invest in a dead mans switch lol

Got one.....do you know if the filler comes in any othe colors than black and clear/white? It would be nice to be able to at least come close to matching the color of what I'm repairing. I asked my tool dealer but he didn't know.
We are learning how to repair plastic bumpers in my auto refinishing class, they have all sorts of colors but usually the color indicates what plastic type they are used on on your fender somewhere it should say like "PP" or "PK" they mean Polypropeline (the plastic material its made up of) so like red would work best on "PP" plastic will hold the best and give the greatest strength and longevity. Don't quote me on the red part that was just an example. I agree its lame their expecting you to paint the product to cover up the weld color. I usually run black fenders on my KX cause the black welding rod works best for my UFO and ACREBIS fenders.

We are learning how to repair plastic bumpers in my auto refinishing class, they have all sorts of colors but usually the color indicates what plastic type they are used on on your fender somewhere it should say like "PP" or "PK" they mean Polypropeline (the plastic material its made up of) so like red would work best on "PP" plastic will hold the best and give the greatest strength and longevity. Don't quote me on the red part that was just an example. I agree its lame their expecting you to paint the product to cover up the weld color. I usually run black fenders on my KX cause the black welding rod works best for my UFO and ACREBIS fenders.

Havnt used it on the bikes yet, just at work, but usually I'll try to do the repair in a less than conspicuous place. Anyways thanks for the answer, I'll look into that.

Havnt used it on the bikes yet, just at work, but usually I'll try to do the repair in a less than conspicuous place. Anyways thanks for the answer, I'll look into that.
No problem man I have only done it to a co
No problem man I have only done it on a few fenders and some sled faring. I guess they came out with some chemical you mix with a hardening agent and it bonds to any type of plastic Id check that stuff out way easier than finding the correct "welding rod" and you don't need a plastic welder, It just comes out of a chaulking gun two chemicals that mix in the mixing tube I believe

No problem man I have only done it to a co

No problem man I have only done it on a few fenders and some sled faring. I guess they came out with some chemical you mix with a hardening agent and it bonds to any type of plastic Id check that stuff out way easier than finding the correct "welding rod" and you don't need a plastic welder, It just comes out of a chaulking gun two chemicals that mix in the mixing tube I believe

Yeah, that's the stuff they use to glue the space shuttle tiles on with I spose. I'll probably stick with what I've got though,it may be ugly, but it's a very strong repair.

I hear ya I heard that stuff is quite expensive haha and if its like 90 degrees out you have like 30 seconds to work with it. Id stick with tried and true, but if your bike is as fast as a space shuttle it might be worth it..... :smirk: