Hi!

Hi guys im chris, im 15 years old and recently just got my own dirtbike its a 2009 rm85. I am kinda mechanically inclined because i work on cars with my dad and bikes. I've been riding friends bikes for a while but i decided to pick up this for myself (after months of saving). Sorry for the bad pick ill change it sometime soon. Ive been lurking these forums for quite some time now and ive come to really enjoy the atmosphere and environment of these forums! So a question i had was if anybody had a list of like weekly maitnence things i should be doing just so i can keep track? Anyways see you around

If you're riding it a lot. Then I suggest keep your oil changed regularly, ever few rides. Use rotella 15-40, it is cheap good oil. clean your air filter as often as you can replace when worn. Check and tighten spokes periodically. Change your plug at least once or twice a year. Check your wheel bearings and your linkage bearings periodically. Depending on the conditions you ride in, repack your linkage bearings once a year if in wet muddy conditions every two if you ride in semi-dry conditions.

Oh and as our resident canuke always suggest. Keep some fresh SIKKASS graphics on it all all times:smirk:

Thanks! The bike has 5 hours on the top end so i figure 10? 15 more hours? Top ends are so easy so..
Or lord no. I would not do that top end every 15 hrs unless you're A class rider and ringing the neck off that thing all the time. Those manuals say to do tops ends so frequent because they expect you racing that bike not just riding it around fields. I guess that is what you're doing. You never said what type riding your doing.