Hi all from not so sunny Scotland

Worthy of 2.5 years and £6000 spent?

• Total voters
Hey fellow dirtbike dudes ;-)
My name is Alex and I have an 89 CR250 that I've Spent the last couple of years bringing it back to life part by part.
I didn't set out to make a trailer queen but it kinda happened anyway after about 3000 hours and twice as many
£ notes in.
I kept a rough update file on
Bikepics.com/members/redordead/89cr250
I finished her off at the start of October 2013 just in time to try my luck at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show in Stafford England and somehow managed to make the top 6% among the 1200 bikes on display getting a highly commended rossete award for my bike on its first public outing.
I have a file on mpora.com nude the user name xspace1 so let me know what you think good or bad!
Thanks and safe riding to you all just don't forget to have some fun too!

Attachments

• DSC_0348.jpg
    DSC_0348.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 23
A vote really depends on how you are going to run with the project. On the other hand, like big D said, once started you can't stop. I spent more time and money on an 02 YZ250 but I ride that bike. So my question to you is, was it worth it to you?

And welcome to the forum...

Hey bud, it was a first post so didn't really get the vote thing so just ticked them all sorry! Yeah it was worth it for the end result but after spending so much I can't afford to keep her so is unfortunately up for sale! Any takers?

Hey bud, it was a first post so didn't really get the vote thing so just ticked them all sorry! Yeah it was worth it for the end result but after spending so much I can't afford to keep her so is unfortunately up for sale! Any takers?

Hey buddy boy, You must have took that as a "flip" statement! Total kudos to you on the revival of the CR!!! So, if it was worth it to you than Yes is my vote.
And now the question is, "how much do you expect to get for her, whats your market, you all ready know your going to loose big pounds?"

Hey buddy boy, You must have took that as a "flip" statement! Total kudos to you on the revival of the CR!!! So, if it was worth it to you than Yes is my vote.
And now the question is, "how much do you expect to get for her, whats your market, you all ready know your going to loose big pounds?"
Thanks bud :-) £4K'ish is probably realistic over here for it in such newly refurbed and as yet unused condition or if I go ride it for the summer £3.5K.
There is the EVO class racing series covering 84-89 MX bikes over here so this is the market and if not possibly a private collector!
I tried it on eBers at Chrimbo but no takers at £4250 start bid :-( Would have been a nice wee cash bonus but not the be all and end all so her indoors told me to keep it til spring and who am I to disagree???

:lol: I was thinking who is he calling sally, I just realized P841 has his name as Sally. :picard: I should change mine to Shirley so when someone says "Shirley you have a nice package" I can say "Why yes I do, but don't call me Shirley.:smirk:

:bonk::rolleyes:Hey Sally, Sorry just found your name right where it's meant to be lol. My wife just made me feel stooooopid

Don't let that women make you feel stupid. My nick name is Ron Jermey, and yes, my gender is male, and I am married to one of those creatures that make us feel dumb also. We all know we are the smarter sex, we just play dumb to get the noookie! :smirk::drool:
Yours truly,
Sally :loco: