Help

So today i was riding and i saw some spooge on my muffler so i wiped it off and set the air screw back to stock settings but now.. When i tried riding it.. It bogs when i try to rev it like passed 1/8 throttle. Should i richen the mixture and screw the air screw in more or what? I dont get any more spooge so i guess thats good and when it was making spooge it was also really hard to start it.. Would take like 10 times and then would start easier after i got it running... Im riding a rm85

Spooge is good just not a bunch, air temp, altitude, etc. has lots to do with it also on a 2T. Of course I just talk about the way my bikes are so you can do what you or everyone else says to do.

did you turn the screw in or out n how much? Did you try turning it back to where it was to see if ran good again?What elevation are you at? Have you replaced your spark plug?

My bike drools a little, one of my sons drools more, all three of my 2T bikes drool a little for that matter, and they are crisp on throttle response and run like tops. Just saying! You know it is getting oil if it spits a little. After a tank of gas 3.8 gallons on the desert tanks and 75 or so miles they all look good and wet, and not one of them had trouble in low RPM...

I kind of figure that if my bike runs the way I want, I can stand what comes out of the silencer. Now if you dont like the way it runs, or you are getting noise complaints you may want to take a step or two. My bikes pretty much all run a premix of 20-1 yamalube. with the bike tuned for me, and the float properly set (part of the tuning is float settings for that matter) no one thinks mine is objectionable in anyway. FYI I have yz80/85's, 125's a cr250 that is actually my son's, and a cr 500. Not to mention a few vintage rigs. usually mine leave the pickup with the silencer outlet looking shiny wet and come home looking like a charcoal briquette just before you light it up.

Now when you say "should I richen the mixture" I kind of hope you aren't thinking about tuning with oil :-)

A perfectly jetted bike with fresh packing should have little to no spooge. My ktm had a bunch until I leaned it out and repacked the silencer! Don't go to lean on the jets though! Never change oil mix ratio to lower than factory recommended either!

A perfectly jetted bike with fresh packing should have little to no spooge. My ktm had a bunch until I leaned it out and repacked the silencer! Don't go to lean on the jets though! Never change oil mix ratio to lower than factory recommended either!
So Jos, how did you lean yours out without going "lean" on the jets?

Gotcha! Chokey has his jetting advice over on the how to section of the board (that is where it is at if I am not mistaken). it is really good advice in an easy way to follow. but one thing that I have found when working on used bikes that have been passed around is that many of them had bandaid jetting applied when the unknowing and or uncaring owner had tried smaller jets to compensate for a float level that was continuously rising and not being reset. the result of setting the float and riding off on the "bandaid jets" could wreck your next paycheck. Chokey/Spanky advises setting the float, which is solid, and I would like to add to do that and inventory the jets in the rig and compare that to stock. in the case of the main jet and the needle position especially, get it back to within a jet size and needle position of stock (see how close the jet needle is to stock too, those are seldom changed, but being on the safe side) then procede with jetting tests.