Hello, I'm new here......And I have a 2 stroke ;)

I recently purchased a 2001 Honda CR250r.I know your all thinking how much$? so I paid 1700.I have a lot of pictures,from when I got it 3 months ago to how it sits right now.I'm not sure how many pics to post here or how it works so i'll try a few for now.Here is the rundown for the bike as I purchased it.
2001 Honda CR250R
-FMF Gold Series Fatty
-Pro Circuit silencer
-Moose Handlebars and clamps
-New Moose air filter
-FX Graphics
-"Shorty"levers
-and so the guy said "new" rear wheel bearings,rear brake pads,both tires semi new,motul trans oil.

Everything I purchased for the bike
-New radiator shrouds (kept the ones w/FX graphics)
-New full Graphics kit
-Honda rim decals
-OEM Muffler pipe connecting rubber
-FMF muffler plug
-One industries/Honda bar pad
-793 Evo Grips Graphite/red
-EVS grip donuts
-EVS Space Cowboy helmet
-FLY Focus goggles w/chrome lens and tear offs
-GoPro Hero3 w/lots of accessories.I have a youtube page
-Official Honda/FX backpack for some gear.

That is everything I can think of right now.The first pics will be how I purchased it and then current.

Attachments

• CAM00014.jpg
    CAM00014.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 25
  • CAM00066.jpg
    CAM00066.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CAM00071.jpg
    CAM00071.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 23
  • CAM00069.jpg
    CAM00069.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 24
  • CAM00202.jpg
    CAM00202.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 23
  • CAM00204.jpg
    CAM00204.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 24
  • CAM00201.jpg
    CAM00201.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 24
  • CAM00153.jpg
    CAM00153.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 24
  • CAM00203.jpg
    CAM00203.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 22
I didn't want to start a thread for this.Should I be in the "Make and Model section"?I'm not sure if ill get noticed from this thread but here goes.So my FMF fatty gold series had a couple dents and a small crack in the bracket when I purchased the bike.I saw some videos showing people pressurizing the pipe with air and heating the dents to pop them out.I tried this unsuccessfully.I also discolored the pipe where I heated it.Now the bracket has cracked more from riding it and I was looking to get it welded.I see that the bracket is a common failure point on these setups.I emailed a welding shop with a picture and explanation of the pipe and the guy said he would have to dip it in acid after welding it because its stainless and its $95 an hr.Claiming its an hour job to weld a 2.5inch line.So I just ordered another FMF fatty but I want to know If anyone has had their pipe bracket welded?And has anyone poped the dents out? because I plan on keeping the old pipe for a spare.You can kinda see the dent in picCAM00202.jpg CAM00024.jpg

That dent looks like a crease so there's a possibility you won't get that out.
Look for a different fab shop. $30 should get that welded.

I agree with 2Stroke......I love my Honda 2T........:thumb: Welcome

I see you have a universal pipe protector,I think?How do you like it?I cant find a nice one made for my 2001 cr250 FMF gold series fatty.E-line makes carbon pipe protectors for almost every year except 2001 cr250's.I'm hesitant to buy a "universal" one.They seem kinda gimmicky too me.Any advice?

I see you have a universal pipe protector,I think?How do you like it?I cant find a nice one made for my 2001 cr250 FMF gold series fatty.E-line makes carbon pipe protectors for almost every year except 2001 cr250's.I'm hesitant to buy a "universal" one.They seem kinda gimmicky too me.Any advice?

I run the universal ones on my YZ250's. Not a gimmick, they protect against rock blows on a get off by distributing the impact across the area. I found the easiest way to install it is to fit it to the bottom and clamp it, use a dead blow or mallet to bend it around the sides. (Best done on used/old pipe and off the bike.)