Headlight switch troubles...

Hello, MY-BLUE-BEAST here with more problems for someone to try and solve :smirk:.

My boss found a headlight switch in the shops storage room and said I could have it, so of course I took it. I followed the instructions to the letter. I hooked it up and since my light runs on a lighting coil the bike has to be running for it to turn on. My battery was dead, how I dont know but it charged right up. I got the bike running and the light came on... but the switch was in the "off" position, so I turned it to "on" and the light was still on. A little volt meter tells me that there is an open circuit from the switch. Any thoughts on why? Im sure it is just a bad switch, but if it is something I could fix quick that would be cool... thantks. :thumb:

P.S. thanks for reading all the novels of a description I post:smirk:

If you unhook the switch will the light go off?

Huh... it ll makes sense now, the light bulb generates its own power :smirk:....

Here is how I wired it, Yellow= power to switch
Blue= power from switch
Black= ground

Yellow to Yellow
Blue to Blue
Black to Black

temporary-41.jpg

The bottom of the pink wire connectors are the wires from the bike and the top is the switch. From the switch the light connecction uses the Blue and Black wires since the switch needs the yellow for power, and the light needs the blue for power.

Here is the instructions...

temporary-42.jpg

See anything wrong? If so let me know, because im sure its right but I have been wrong before... Thanks :thumb: