Having fun with my new plates.

I got my M1 recently. after a year of having a permit. LOLOL. I procrastinated until near the end of the permit period. Ended up taking the Ride-ride course for the skills waiver. The course was cool. basic, easy, and actually learned a couple things. the best part, was not having to schedule a skills test at the DMV. and it only took one weekend. walked up to the DMV window with waiver in hand, and walked out with the M1 in my pocket... it's nice having the m1 in your pocket. Now, only if I can get my knee fixed, I could get some riding in....

You do need to be a bit careful depending on the bike. Unfortunately the CHP are the long arm of the CARB. At least some of them have been trained to look for improper conversions and if they get you they will get a plate pulled.

Like I said it depends on the bike. For example the 09 EXC530 above or my pre 04 cutoff XR600 are fine.

It is funny but I have only ridden for a couple of miles on a highway maybe 2 or 3 times and I could have done it with no plate as it was out in the boonies. I have however ridden a couple of times at Anza Borrego where it is street legal vehicles only out in the desert and that was nice to do.

I got my M1 recently. after a year of having a permit. LOLOL. I procrastinated until near the end of the permit period. Ended up taking the Ride-ride course for the skills waiver. The course was cool. basic, easy, and actually learned a couple things. the best part, was not having to schedule a skills test at the DMV. and it only took one weekend. walked up to the DMV window with waiver in hand, and walked out with the M1 in my pocket... it's nice having the m1 in your pocket. Now, only if I can get my knee fixed, I could get some riding in....

I did the same, (not the Procrastination part) MSR road and dirt!

It is funny but I have only ridden for a couple of miles on a highway maybe 2 or 3 times and I could have done it with no plate as it was out in the boonies. I have however ridden a couple of times at Anza Borrego where it is street legal vehicles only out in the desert and that was nice to do.
you know i want to go explore some of AB sometime( i know where some cool petroglyphs are). Im thinking of getting a helmet light kit and doing some night rides out there. The other day it was 116 in borrego springs .. WTF!!!!

You do need to be a bit careful depending on the bike. Unfortunately the CHP are the long arm of the CARB. At least some of them have been trained to look for improper conversions and if they get you they will get a plate pulled.

Like I said it depends on the bike. For example the 09 EXC530 above or my pre 04 cutoff XR600 are fine.

Its not a Cali plate. Its Idaho.. I will run it untell I get in trouble.:devil:

That was a nice ride! Great area. Thanks for letting me join you. Now if I could only get my KLX plated. Im thinking about using my Mom's address in AZ. Or maybe even putting the bike in her name to do it. She is sick right now so I wont bother her about MY bike that she worries so much about me on.

Im jonsin for some street. My SM has been down for months:cry: