100 HARD STARTING AND SPLEWING OIL

So Bryce, how is the compression? How have you come to the conclusion that it needs a top end? What are you running for mixture? Get some more info on here and we shall dig into it.

if that top end is so worn that its 'messy' :eek: that thing prob kicks itself over just from the weight of the kickstarter :lol::lol: I used to need a top end twice a year on my kx 100.. that was one of most favorite bikes I ever had though

If she isn't revving the bike enough then it could be residual oil build up. 125cc bikes/engines and under like to be revved.
I would install a fresh plug and see how easy it starts. If it starts easy
maybe ride it a little harder to see if it clears out a bit. Other than that I would think it was due for a top end.

True that! /\ Think of how chain saws run...WFO all the time....:prof:

If she isn't revving the bike enough then it could be residual oil build up. 125cc bikes and under like to be revved.
I would install a fresh plug and see how easy it starts. If it starts easy
maybe ride it a little harder to see if it clears out a bit. Other than that I would think it was due for a top end.

Going into the WAAAY BACK machine when I had my "cough73chokezookicoughcoughtmchokecoughcough125coughclearthroat: I had a problem withit bogging donw and stalling overloading the plug. I made several changes ... started using regular (not unleaded), changed to a silencer only (less restriction) and stayed on the pipe when going into turns. Problem solved. Biggest problem was the premium gas was too rich.... bike had oil injection so no mixing required.

To resolve your predicament... :noidea:

Okay guys I bought the bike about a year ago. My wife and daughter have both been riding it. When I got it everything worked great and it started with one kick no matter what. As time has passed its been getting harder and harder to start and I'm getting more oil coming out the tail pipe. I even cut my oil from 40:1 to 45:1. I even changed the spark plug to see if maybe a little hotter plug would help burn it a little hotter. Nothing has helped. One the bike is warm it starts easy but has a terrible idle if any. The bike was raced alot before we got it and the owner said he had put a new top end in it in Jan and the kid raced it until June when we got it. This is why I'm thinking maybe its just getting weak. I haven't pulled a compression test cause I have no clue what it would need to be. What are your thoughts?

I'd never change mixture and plug to fix an issue that just started...

Raced 6 months... And then rode more after that... It wouldn't hurt my feelings if i had to throw a piston and rings in it... :noidea:

Okay guys I bought the bike about a year ago. My wife and daughter have both been riding it. When I got it everything worked great and it started with one kick no matter what. As time has passed its been getting harder and harder to start and I'm getting more oil coming out the tail pipe. I even cut my oil from 40:1 to 45:1. I even changed the spark plug to see if maybe a little hotter plug would help burn it a little hotter. Nothing has helped. One the bike is warm it starts easy but has a terrible idle if any. The bike was raced alot before we got it and the owner said he had put a new top end in it in Jan and the kid raced it until June when we got it. This is why I'm thinking maybe its just getting weak. I haven't pulled a compression test cause I have no clue what it would need to be. What are your thoughts?
oh my... well there's your problem.. Try running 32:1 or maybe even more oil than that (24:1 or 28:1) that should fix that problem. THEN try and fix the jetting.