Half enduro half mx

Hey guys,

First time poster and bike owner/rider
I just purchased a 2013 crf250x brand new about three weeks ago, I've been bombing around my house and at a few sand pits in my area, on Wednesday I went to grunthal MX with some friends and had an absolute blast, and did better than I ever thought I could, but could tell I was a little outta place with my enduro bike, in that setting.

So my situation is for you guys, I want to keep the enduro style and functionality with the regular riding but I'd also like to have the proper stuff to not be left in the dirt. I know some of you might be shaking your head but I'd like to turn my bike into a half and half but sticking with my bike and not selling it. If any of you are still reading lol I'd love a list of things I can do to beef up my bike (no engine tear downs please) just be as newbie as possible. I'm a hdm by trade but not so much into small engines

has your bike been "uncorked" to free up all the horsepower that honda had to supress for emissions reasons?

No it hasn't I've done nothing to the bike, it's bone stoke, and I'm not only talking power, I'm also talking suspension and other stuff, am I going to ruin my bike if I continue to ride mx on my enduro

I'm also not planning on racing pro or actually entering and comps, this is just for fun/casual purposes

No it hasn't I've done nothing to the bike, it's bone stoke, and I'm not only talking power, I'm also talking suspension and other stuff, am I going to ruin my bike if I continue to ride mx on my enduro
No, you aren't, although it will not be ideal, it can still be a lot of fun. Set your sag on the rear shock, and play with clicker adjustments, they're going to be soft for mx by default.

The mods I'm talking about are here: http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm#closedcoursemods

No, you aren't, although it will not be ideal, it can still be a lot of fun. Set your sag on the rear shock, and play with clicker adjustments, they're going to be soft for mx by default.

The mods I'm talking about are here: http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm#closedcoursemods

O yeah I forgot I adjusted the clicker after I rode my first few laps made a big difference, that link you sent me is a little jiberish to me, but reading threw changing exhaust, and tunning could give me the satisfaction I'm looking for?

There was an article in a magazine a few years back comparing the 450x vs the 450r. They put beginners and pros on both bikes and recorded lap times. Afterwards they asked them how they felt about the bikes and etc. For the beginners the 450x actually showed faster lap times because the power curve was more controllable and the suspension was softer so it worked for a newer rider. It was a cool article to read and hopefully i can find it again.

With that said i own a kx125 and a plated wr450 that i DS. I have taken the WR on a track and hit triples with it and was actually passing most people during open practice. Im not going to say that it was as good as my kx on the track because its heavy and the suspension is set up for DSing, but it held its own

Mojave post: 175594:
There was an article in a magazine a few years back comparing the 450x vs the 450r. They put beginners and pros on both bikes and recorded lap times. Afterwards they asked them how they felt about the bikes and etc. For the beginners the 450x actually showed faster lap times because the power curve was more controllable and the suspension was softer so it worked for a newer rider. It was a cool article to read and hopefully i can find it again.

With that said i own a kx125 and a plated wr450 that i DS. I have taken the WR on a track and hit triples with it and was actually passing most people during open practice. Im not going to say that it was as good as my kx on the track because its heavy and the suspension is set up for DSing, but it held its own

Thanks man, appreciate it, will look more into it, and I guess I bought the right bike for now.