GTFO! I can see! I can see!

**Ahem!** For all you guys with some miles on the odometer...

I was having to pull things away from me to see them clearly...far things were fuzzy.

I haven't been to an optometrist in a bazillion years! It was sucking and getting annoying.

This hot little Indian Beotch with nice hooters hooked me up! She gave me some contact lenses that give me Hubble Space Telescope far vision and Nano-Vision close vision at the same time!

The difference in life is remarkable! GTFO! I feel like a new man!

It's better than cool! :banana:

James

Staff member
I don't think that this could really be considered a product review, especially since you didn't even name any brands. :P However it cracked me up enough that I figured it could be moved to the off topic section. :lol:

Buck man, that :chicken: has been chocked enough! :lol:

Actually, I wear contacts myself! Everyday, they are great :banana: You can see all and remain looking good! And those damn glasses don't get in the way :banana: Plus they improve your pi-riph-eal vision. Just a reminder, don't foget to blink, oh and tighten up your goggle strap!

I was having to pull things away from me to see them clearly...far things were fuzzy.

I haven't been to an optometrist in a bazillion years! It was sucking and getting annoying.

This hot little Indian Beotch with nice hooters hooked me up! She gave me some contact lenses that give me Hubble Space Telescope far vision and Nano-Vision close vision at the same time!

Did you notice them before or after you had your eyes fixed?...............:smirk:.....if it was before, they ought to be REAL nice now! :devil:

I had the pleasure of getting lasik a few years ago and what a difference. Lately, as Buck said, I can't read up close (sucks getting old), and it is getting worse.:cry: Gotta get some reading glasses soon.:rolleyes:

have had 50/50 vision my entire life. my friends use to call me eagle eye cause i would name off street signs LONG before they could. My grandfather got really bad night vision when he got older and im afraid thats gonna be the cost of my good luck with vision so far.

James

Staff member
have had 50/50 vision my entire life. my friends use to call me eagle eye cause i would name off street signs LONG before they could. My grandfather got really bad night vision when he got older and im afraid thats gonna be the cost of my good luck with vision so far.
Huh? 50/50 vision? Those numbers are usually on a 20/x scale, with 20/20 being normal. The higher the second number is, the crappier vision you have. (I have 20/40ish) :bonk:

Wiki-pedia:
A visual acuity of 20/20 is frequently described as meaning that a person can see detail from 20 feet away the same as a person with normal eyesight would see from 20 feet. If a person has a visual acuity of 20/40, he is said to see detail from 20 feet away the same as a person with normal eyesight would see it from 40 feet away.

People can however also have 20/10 vision, which is probably what you have. :thumb:

Wiki-pedia:
It is possible to have vision superior to 20/20: the maximum acuity of the human eye without visual aids (such as binoculars) is generally thought to be around 20/10 (6/3) however, recent test subjects have exceeded 20/8 vision.

Is there such a thing as blind/blurred vision??? :shocked:

I tend to have that during the week when I wake and sometimes on my way to work...all of a sudden my vision gets to the point where I just can't see going in!

The only thing better would have been if the Hot Indian beotch gave ya an "Old Fashioned":prof:

My vision sucks. I wear contacts also!

I like em, but it's hard to ride with. They dry out and start messing up while I'm going through rhythm sections, or the most dangerous parts of the track. :eek:
I'm not sure why mine mess up so much. That happen to anyone else?

James

Staff member
My vision sucks. I wear contacts also!

I like em, but it's hard to ride with. They dry out and start messing up while I'm going through rhythm sections, or the most dangerous parts of the track. :eek:
I'm not sure why mine mess up so much. That happen to anyone else?
That happened to me when I was using the "regular" 2 week contacts. But after talking with the eye doc I switched to the Oasys (sp?)(thinner and more water based) ones. However I couldn't wear them the full 2 weeks thanks to the grit and grim wearing the out faster. So on my latest eye exam I switched to the daily lens. :rocker: These are much better as you get a fresh pair everytime.

Plus they were only $140 something for a six month supply and that should last me well over a year as I don't wear them everyday. :thumb:

That happened to me when I was using the "regular" 2 week contacts. But after talking with the eye doc I switched to the Oasys (sp?)(thinner and more water based) ones. However I couldn't wear them the full 2 weeks thanks to the grit and grim wearing the out faster. So on my latest eye exam I switched to the daily lens. :rocker: These are much better as you get a fresh pair everytime.

Plus they were only $140 something for a six month supply and that should last me well over a year as I don't wear them everyday. :thumb:
I too wear contacts! Glasses suck with my depth perception anyhow, and they don't look good on me. I have the ones that last 4 weeks, anyhow, I wear mine till they tear. (Like 2 months) :lol:With taht said, mine are only like 30-40 bucks and last 4 months :shocked: Might have those figures a little off, but anyhow, Contacts are dirt cheap for me

James

Staff member
I too wear contacts! Glasses suck with my depth perception anyhow, and they don't look good on me. I have the ones that last 4 weeks, anyhow, I wear mine till they tear. (Like 2 months) :lol:With taht said, mine are only like 30-40 bucks and last 4 months :shocked: Might have those figures a little off, but anyhow, Contacts are dirt cheap for me
Damn I could never go that long on a pair, my eyes would kill me. :bonk: I do have a friend though that will wear the same pair of contacts for 3-4 weeks, without taking them out. :shocked:

BTW this is were I get my contacts.
www.discountcontactlens.com

Damn I could never go that long on a pair, my eyes would kill me. :bonk: I do have a friend though that will wear the same pair of contacts for 3-4 weeks, without taking them out. :shocked:

BTW this is were I get my contacts.
www.discountcontactlens.com

:shocked: I've heard people tell me they will fuse you your eye and have to get surgically removed. I'm young, my eyes don't both me, I just wanna be able to see!

ALSO! They make hybrid contacts for sports, the review is in DR mag. I use soft lenses because I don't really feel them in there and they don't both me, but for the more optically sensitive rider, check these
http://www.synergeyes.com/

Well, Phhhft! I have my new eyes in and they rock! It's 8/16/11 and I have to go back to the DR to make sure things are good on Thursday.
Its OK...not good, just ok. Hmmmm....what should I do? I can see pfffft...either way, it's not good! They suck in the morning and get better as the day goes on.