Got into another bike.

20160426_190857.jpg
20160426_214719.jpg 20160429_182735.jpg VZM.IMG_20160428_170823.jpg :drool::drool:Yep I finally did it. A couple years back I had to sell my trusty 01 CR250R. Thanks to my girlfriends help after we sold her old house, got into her new house. Paid off all of her outstanding debt less her car. She had 10K left over from her equity from the sale of her old house. She is like its burning a hole in my pocket. Im like well its your money what do you want to get? She says I want to get dirt bikes. Im all:thinking::rocker:. Then I asked well how much do you want to spend? Because we could get into some REALLY nice bikes for $10K. But how about we just use 5K. Rat hole away the rest because used bikes always need something right away and down the like. So I started some on line shopping. I started with her bike first. Then we went down to my favorite motorcycle dealership for her to try on different bikes. I wanted to keep with my 2T heritage for her. So we had her try to get on a YZ125 and it was just to tall. And probably not the best bike for her to learn on and Im sure that she would never ride it to its full potential and when she got it on the pipe it would probably scare the hell out of her. Then I saw the TTR's. PERFECT. Immediately she saw the TTR125, and fell in love. So I had to explain the power difference between the same displacement 2T and 4T bikes. And promptly had her sit on the TTR230. It is a perfect match for her. So I started my used search for her bike. While still trying to figure out what I wanted to get. I had been looking at all the brands of bikes, professional reviews, personal reviews, etc. I was sure I wanted to get into another 250 2T again, but wasn't going to rule out a 4T bike. Ive never owned a 4T bike, but have ridden a few. And the the 2 that I liked the most were the KX 450 and the YZ 450. So they were the main focus of my 4T searches.

Long Story shortend. I ended up with an 06 TTR230 for $1500, and a 2010 YZ450F for $$3600. And only went over budget by $100. And only had to dip into the remaining left over money $500 for chain, brake rotors and pads, and tires for my bike. And 4 quarts of Yamalube synthetic oil and oil filters for mine and her bike.

Last edited:
Noice!
Action photos!!!! The big double..... High speed whoops...... Rhythm sections for miles...... Get some!

In time. I don't jump. And when I do it far from impressive. Whoops Im ok at till I get arm pump. And the desert doesn't really offer much in the way of rythem sections. Well sorta but not really.

Or......big hills, lots of mud, Boulder fields and water crossings.

Have lots of big hills and I love to climb. I hate riding in the mud. Mostly because of the detailed clean up of the bike that is required when your done. We ride lots of rocky terrain though. Water crossings???? I live in the desert my man. Besides its not orange. A goldfish its not.

Next ride out with the little woman I will see if I can get her to take some action photos of me. Wish I afford to fly James G. out to do a photoshoot for me. That would be something Awesome since he is like a pro Photog now.