125 Got a '90 YZ125 today. A few questions..

My friend gave me his '90 yz 125 today as a late birthday gift. This is one of my first offroad vehicles that I've personally owned, but I'm fairly good at working on engines etc. I have a few questions about this bike though, because its in rough shape. First off, he sanded the plastic down a while ago and repainted it neon green. Is there any plastic upgrades that are available for this bike to put newer plastic on it? Also, what about pipe upgrades?

I'm kind of lost with this bike, because I have no owners manuals or anything, and its sitting in my garage in about 50 pieces. Luckily my father used to own one when he was younger, so he can help me out with it somewhat. Also, what can I do to lower the bike? Its sitting way to high for me, even at 5'10 ish, almost 6', I can barely touch. I lowered the rear a little bit, but what can I do to lower the front? Thanks a lot guys, and I'm excited to get into the dirt bike community, and interact with you guys!

Can lower the rear and front by internals, (washer stacking) if thats even available anymore, a little pricey to have it done but thats your best bet. Even if you can only tip toe, your fine really. Not much upgrade available for that year bike anymore except Ebay and on-line stores that might have something. Good luck and welcome to DBA.

SRAD97750

Staff member
WELCOME!
Post up some photos of your heap of parts! Update us as you build it!
The parts fiches are online for free and can help you with assembly.
Let us know how it goes! -BIG DAN:thumb:

It was an ok engine for it's day. I wouldnt spend too much money on it and if you have a useable pipe right now I wouldnt replace it thinking there was going to be a gain from it.

It was an ok engine for it's day. I wouldnt spend too much money on it and if you have a useable pipe right now I wouldnt replace it thinking there was going to be a gain from it.

Looks like I found where your lost posts went.