GoPro ProTune Firmware Update

James

Staff member
Anybody try this yet? Everything went smoothly when I updated my Hero 2, however haven't had a chance to record with it yet. Plus it doesn't look like I'll be able to ride before the 27th. :(

Going through the settings menu it added a ProTune option which gives you a couple different recording modes. From what I've read the biggest change is that it more than doubles the bit rate (35 mbps). :thumb:

Anybody try this yet? Everything went smoothly when I updated my Hero 2, however haven't had a chance to record with it yet. Plus it doesn't look like I'll be able to ride before the 27th. :(

Going through the settings menu it added a ProTune option which gives you a couple different recording modes. From what I've read the biggest change is that it more than doubles the bit rate (35 mbps). :thumb:
I downloaded the Protune and it blue screen my PC, and I spent Friday night doing repairs to system. Driver incompatibility, Beware

James

Staff member
I downloaded the Protune and it blue screen my PC, and I spent Friday night doing repairs to system. Driver incompatibility, Beware
Interesting, what OS do you have on your PC (I have Windows 7)? While I had zero issues downloading or installing the update, I do know a number of people had issues getting the GoPro itself to update.