GoPro Hero 4

James

Staff member
With the GoPro Hero 3's being on sale ($70 off the Black, get it here gopro.com), it's pretty much a given that the GoPro Hero 4 is coming out soon. On that note, Ambarella, the company that makes the SoC’s that powers the previous line of GoPro's, has leaked their latest Soc which is said to be in the 4. Notable improvements include 4k at 30fps, 1080p at 120fps, and 720p at 240fps. Full details available on their product brief page.

While that's all cool and all, I plan on picking up some more discounted Hero 3 Blacks instead....

yea i might have to get some discounted hero's myself. as much as i actually do :drool: at the newer specs my pc would then have to be updated as well and im not ready.

James

Staff member
yea i might have to get some discounted hero's myself. as much as i actually do :drool: at the newer specs my pc would then have to be updated as well and im not ready.

The thing is, how many people will seriously use anything above 1080p? Especially when the battery dies in 20 min.

Since the latest firmware update I haven't had any issues with the Blacks, I'll probably pick up a couple more and use these until the Hero 5 comes out (seriously).

SRAD97750

Staff member
Still waiting for something easier to use and longer battery life than my GoPro Hero Standard (540p)...
Seems they are going backwards in the departments that matter to me... -BIG DAN:thumb:

James

Staff member
Still waiting for something easier to use and longer battery life than my GoPro Hero Standard (540p)...
Seems they are going backwards in the departments that matter to me... -BIG DAN:thumb:

I have a Hero 2 that will be up for sale in a couple weeks....
Would also come with an extra battery.