Good used bike 1000$-1500$

Hi, im sorta new to this and im looking to buy a secondhand dirtbike pretty soon and im wondering what to look for. Im a teen so I dont have much to spend and im 5'11 145lbs. and growing fast. So, im looking for a reliable bike I can fool around with. Ive been riding my neighbors crf100 a lot and its not quite exciting enough for me, I find myself maxing it out more often than not. So I want something that really kicks that I could get for a reasonable price. Im leaning towards 4 stroke cause no fuel mixing... but if that's what would be best ill look into it. I Won't be doing attaching so basically what im looking for is power and reliability... all under 2000$, I know its a lot to ask but please help if you can.

Last edited:
Really what Im looking for is a specific model I should look out for but thanks

Oh you want a specific model? Did you want us to choose or do you have one in mind already?
Trail bikes: any of the Honda XR 250's or even a crf230. Yamaha has a ttr 230 and their wr250 is a great bike.
Mx bikes would be the Yamaha yzF250, most reliable motor.

Oh you want a specific model? Did you want us to choose or do you have one in mind already?
Trail bikes: any of the Honda XR 250's or even a crf230. Yamaha has a ttr 230 and their wr250 is a great bike.
Mx bikes would be the Yamaha yzF250, most reliable motor.
Thank you, just what I was looking for. As a matter of fact I just saw a 2006 tt-r230 for $1000

Last edited:
[QUOTE="adamrides646, post: 201674, member: 2577"What's so hard about mixing 32:1? Adjusting valves and timing chains is so much easier...... Hahahahahaha NOT![/QUOTE]
I guess that was pretty stupid of me to say that, I guess they are more bang for your buck.