Gonna be a first time 2t owner... 02 kx250

032.jpg

Anything i should look for or need to know? i'm gonna ask the guy what mix he's been using cause i have no clue about that but he said the top ends got about 30 hours which is high for a 2t right? Also on the ridability i've always been afraid that if i got a 2t i'd loop it if i hit the powerband...lol. I'm hopefully getting it and $1,500 for my 07 WR450 this sunday :banana:

032.jpg

Anything i should look for or need to know? i'm gonna ask the guy what mix he's been using cause i have no clue about that but he said the top ends got about 30 hours which is high for a 2t right? Also on the ridability i've always been afraid that if i got a 2t i'd loop it if i hit the powerband...lol. I'm hopefully getting it and $1,500 for my 07 WR450 this sunday :banana:
30hrs is about halfway, unless you ride woods, then its about a third of the way, i would change it though

Looks clean. I'd ride it a bit and get used to it, then do a top end.
Get a low flash point (Motul 710, Amsoil Interceptor search TT Yamaha 2stroke section for a good thread about this) oil and mix anywhere from 32:1 to 50:1.
More oil if you are going to be running higher rpm. Pick a mix ratio, then have someone help you jet it. :thumb:

seen you talking in chat earlyer red...... ive rode with you and i know you have enough skills to where a 2t wont be any problem for you.

i too never really rode 2t bikes but i did the other weekend and did just fine. rode a 07 yz 250 and had a blast with it. Kinda fun being use to a big ol heavy 530 exc and switching it up and riding a light and nimble 250 2t.

Looks clean. I'd ride it a bit and get used to it, then do a top end.
Get a low flash point (Motul 710, Amsoil Interceptor search TT Yamaha 2stroke section for a good thread about this) oil and mix anywhere from 32:1 to 50:1.
More oil if you are going to be running higher rpm. Pick a mix ratio, then have someone help you jet it. :thumb:
thanks man :cheers: i'm gonna see what he ran and pick some up before i head down, hopefully the deal goes through but if not i'll just return it...lol.
seen you talking in chat earlyer red...... ive rode with you and i know you have enough skills to where a 2t wont be any problem for you.

i too never really rode 2t bikes but i did the other weekend and did just fine. rode a 07 yz 250 and had a blast with it. Kinda fun being use to a big ol heavy 530 exc and switching it up and riding a light and nimble 250 2t.
yeah i'm hoping going to a bike like this will help me get faster, i'm so used to the big bike where i just blip the throttle and it does what i want... this is gonna make me smooth

thanks man :cheers: i'm gonna see what he ran and pick some up before i head down, hopefully the deal goes through but if not i'll just return it...lol.

yeah i'm hoping going to a bike like this will help me get faster, i'm so used to the big bike where i just blip the throttle and it does what i want... this is gonna make me smooth
Blips of the throttle from my cr250r will make it do what i want all day

i dont think it is gonna make you faster. you can be just as fast on a 4t.... its all about seat time and how comfertable and confident you are with your bike. You WILL be slower on the 2t till you get the confidence in yourself on it.

i dont think it is gonna make you faster. you can be just as fast on a 4t.... its all about seat time and how comfertable and confident you are with your bike. You WILL be slower on the 2t till you get the confidence in yourself on it.

i know with the 250f that i rode at the track once i got back on my 450 i was hauling balls, like you said though seat time will tell... i've been wanting to get into some more techical riding/racing so smaller and lighter will probably be better

the biggest thing i noticed while riding a 2t the other week was how easy you can get that back tire to let loose. Im a heavy guy so there was no issue with looping or keeping the front tire on the ground but man was i having fun sliding that back tire out all the time :P

the biggest thing i noticed while riding a 2t the other week was how easy you can get that back tire to let loose. Im a heavy guy so there was no issue with looping or keeping the front tire on the ground but man was i having fun sliding that back tire out all the time :P

thats good cause i'm usually lifting the front end out of the rut and flopping it or just pushing right through it! :lol:

i know with the 250f that i rode at the track once i got back on my 450 i was hauling balls, like you said though seat time will tell... i've been wanting to get into some more techical riding/racing so smaller and lighter will probably be better

Lighter yes, smaller not really. 250 2's make as much power as 450 4's with less weight:prof:

Welcome to the smoky darkside