goat brothers

Another amazingly beautiful singletrack searching, free camping, gas mixing, mountain climbing, tree twisting, bush bashing, crick crossing, rock hopping, river riding, wildflower viewing, hot springing, friends, family and fellow dirt diggers good times good trails adventure trip is sadly over and done ....

Good thing there's always next the next time! :clap Hmmm, September?

Anyways.... it was time to see the family and friends up north, so we loaded up the truck and passed Beverly hills, movie stars, swimming pools, starbucks...... trees are where we need to be, green gold, wet dirt, singletrack mecca. California hillbillys :strum

The weather was with us as we passed Bishop! After some record heat we had winter looking storms snowing up top and raining below making a wet desert for the next couple states and tanks of gas. We got a couple hours sleep after the logging trucks barreled past, waiting on a riverside road pullout for the only store in town to open. Last minute gas and supplies secured, up into the mountains we go to meet up with my grandson :happayand some local bikers :fpalm

I didn't bring the "saw bike" this trip, no room in the truck. :loco

After setting up camp, we went for an easy 3 hour tour......

and then

luckily, that was the only one down, on that trail, on that day :Deal

plenty more will fall

looks like wild hops growing here :Drink

just plain wild :rilla

my goat brother and fellow wild man, the Grinch!

going back down

i pretty much used to know that area. Haven't been there since the 70's. It is still nice despite the dry weather you guys have had for what must seem like forever.

I make the drive up every year, my grandson wants me too.
We lucked out this year and caught some fall weather and rain right before all the fires started up....

back to the story;

now going back up

found some dust

some rocks

some bushes

some creeks

and lots of beauty