Go Pro for dummies!

Ok, I will be getting a Go pro on Wednesday (Thankies James :hug: ) I would like to get what i need.

All my memory cards are class 4- 8gb. I'm not looking for professional quality but, what class mem card to i need.

And i also plan on getting a LCD screen. I've never seen one really does anyone use it.

How water tight is the little case thinger?

Also any tips/tricks/do's or don'ts?

that memory card should be fine.

i use the LCD screen for jsut regular videoing like family stuff but not that often. it just drains the battery when riding so i dont use it then but it is good to do a little test run to make sure your angle is good.

the case's are hella water tight BUT i would not use a dirt bike used one in the water. i have never had one leak on me but i read the gopro forums sometimes and it happened to a guy who rides MX. a combination of the vibrations from riding and possible grains of dirt and when he went surfing it leaked and ruined his gopro. Besides if you want vid of underwater that is not blurry you need a flat lens.

some tips..... that little white rubber thing locks the clip and helps with vibrations. I notice some clips will be a little loose no matter what so i slide a little piece of paper or plastic in there to make it tight.

DO NOT!!@!@!@!@@!@!@!!@@ over tighten the screws with a wrench or screw driver. i use to wrench em down and had a couple cases/clips break on me. so just go as tight as you can get with your fingers and you should be good.

these are pretty rugged camera's when in the case but they are not invulnerable... 2 of my hero's(first one) lost quality from taking gnarly bounces when the clips broke.

bookmark this site..... http://forums.adobe.com/thread/668369?tstart=0 its a great goto for resolution sizes and what not.... even if you dont use adobe its good info.

James

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the seal comes out, make sure to clean it really good as it's dirty. (sorry) :lol:

I have my LCD set to turn off after 60 seconds if I forget to do it myself. I use it to get my angle right (via the live view) and also review recorded footage at the track.

Class 4 is fast enough and the 8 GB should give you ~1 hr of 1080 footage.

603479_369623043107344_733635252_n.jpg

Let the games begin :shocked:

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll funny James.... Sending me no english Instructions. I've been sitting here for an hour sitting naked in a folding chair trying to transelate amishmexianease into english :finger:

:smirk:

blah blah blah.... I bet you been laughing since the mail lady put stamps on the box :pout: ... There are 52 different languages.. The only thing that i could read was INSTUCKIANA'S ... And there was another paper that had a whole bunch of stick houses with lines through them and x's and stuff :shocked: