Glock or XD

James

Staff member
"The Glock isn't as safe because it has no manual safety."
:picard: If you think that you really need that extra manual safety just because you might "inadvertently" pull the trigger. Well if that's the case, let me break it to you, you shouldn't own or handle a firearm. Just because the Glock has no manual safety doesn't mean that there aren't any on the gun. The Glocks have 3 internal safety features (trigger safety, firing pin safety, drop safety) that prevent the gun from firing without actually pulling the trigger. So in essence your manual safety is your trigger finger. :thumb:

"Glocks blow up"
Yeah and so will any other gun if you put the wrong ammo in. :rolleyes:

Ok end :rant::smirk:

BTW XD's are also good guns, however Glocks (IMO) have a better grip angle. :thumb:

I cant beleive people actually like the XD's.. My buddy has a XD.. And abosolutly hates it... I told him he was dumb because everyone in the world likes them... (i had never shot one)..... I went and shot it.. I didnt like it

My dad has 2 glocks...(well he just recently sold one of them).. both .40's one normal size and one mini... Hes ran thousands of rounds through both.. And has never had an issue... The regular size one had bad clip Out of the box... But thats it... He sold the mini glock.... Its a solid shoot gun i love it:thumb:

I've shot a lot of .45's. I know James is a fan of Glock's, but they are my least favorite. I don't like the trigger pull on them. I've shot 3 different ones and compared them to a some junk guns like Llama, CZ, and S&W. I'll take them over the Glock. I can hit a 25 yard target with these guns. Consistently! Browning makes a fine .45 cal! It is well made and I can score well with it. The new Springfield Armory XD, I must say, is good for accuracy for 30 feet at best. I still score well with my Beretta 92F to the point where I'm happy to carry that with my CWP! I put a couple of cans out at 30 yards and exploded them first shot both times! JMHO!

James

Staff member
I've shot a lot of .45's. I know James is a fan of Glock's, but they are my least favorite. I don't like the trigger pull on them. I've shot 3 different ones and compared them to a some junk guns like Llama, CZ, and S&W. I'll take them over the Glock. I can hit a 25 yard target with these guns. Consistently! Browning makes a fine .45 cal! It is well made and I can score well with it. The new Springfield Armory XD, I must say, is good for accuracy for 30 feet at best. I still score well with my Beretta 92F to the point where I'm happy to carry that with my CWP! I put a couple of cans out at 30 yards and exploded them first shot both times! JMHO!
I've always heard that you either love or hate Glocks, no in between. Plus if I remember right the grip angle/size doesn't fit big hands very well. :noidea:

Glocks. :foul::moon::bleep::puke:

I hate the look of them! And I don't really like the feel of it. I've got a friend who has an XD40, and he loves it. I like the feel of it better, and definitely the looks of it better.

I've always heard that you either love or hate Glocks, no in between. Plus if I remember right the grip angle/size doesn't fit big hands very well. :noidea:

I've got HUGE hands. 4XXX. I like a good handful. The Glock's are just so squarish and don't have the line of sight that a 92F has....JMHO!

James

Staff member
I've got HUGE hands. 4XXX. I like a good handful. The Glock's are just so squarish and don't have the line of sight that a 92F has....JMHO!
It all depends on how you hold them, Glocks have more of tactical angled grip (I think he actually mentioned that in the video).