South Glamis - anyone want to join

SRAD97750

Staff member
i'm getting the feelin nobody likes sand riding on here lol
is it lame or something ?
Glamis is a great gathering place for families and extreme sport enthusiasts alike. Fees pay for basic amenities like toilets and campgrounds. Many people have the time of their lives out there in the dunes.

So, My issue with Glamis and pure sand is...
You have to pay to go to glamis... WTF, it's sand.
Sand gets everywhere, destroys seals and rotating parts.
Mostly the Glamis scene is quads and side by sides. Which makes it (in my opinion) too dangerous.
Distance, Glamis is near Mexico, which is a good 2 hour drive for anyone not residing in SD or Yuma AZ.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Glamis is a great gathering place for families and extreme sport enthusiasts alike. Fees pay for basic amenities like toilets and campgrounds. Many people have the time of their lives out there in the dunes.

So, My issue with Glamis and pure sand is...
You have to pay to go to glamis... WTF, it's sand.
Sand gets everywhere, destroys seals and rotating parts.
Mostly the Glamis scene is quads and side by sides. Which makes it (in my opinion) too dangerous.
Distance, Glamis is near Mexico, which is a good 2 hour drive for anyone not residing in SD or Yuma AZ.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
That about sums it up

I got my taste for sand when I lived near Pismo. Got reaquainted with it in Florence Oregon about 20 years ago. But it is way more 4 wheel appropriate. To me, that kind of sand on a motorcycle is like trying to box one handed. Just too many more ways to have fun on a motorcycle, and as Dan points out it is very tough on your equipment.