Getting back in the sport

Hi, im just getting back into motocross again and its been a while since ive had my last bike, which was a crl100, im 5'10, 130 pounds, should i either get a crl250r or a kx100f??

A YZ 250. Best bike out there (for the money). :prof:
Don't let anyone else tell you different. :naughty:
Don't even listen to the rest of the guys on this forum. :devil:
I know, they don't! :smirk:

Oh, and welcome.... Kick back and stay a while.:wave:

A YZ 250. Best bike out there (for the money). :prof:
Don't let anyone else tell you different. :naughty:
Don't even listen to the rest of the guys on this forum. :devil:
I know, they don't! :smirk:

Oh, and welcome.... Kick back and stay a while.:wave:

yeah Gary .....your right, DBA should change its name to "Just Ask Palmer"

actually Deyton, the YZ 250 is a very good choice, even at 130 lbs, but the main reason i say that isnt how the bike performs(which is pretty damn well) but more so how versatile they are and how plentifull parts are in the aftermarket world. But anyways....welcome Deyton.

yeah Gary .....your right, DBA should change its name to "Just Ask Palmer"

actually Deyton, the YZ 250 is a very good choice, even at 130 lbs, but the main reason i say that isnt how the bike performs(which is pretty damn well) but more so how versatile they are and how plentifull parts are in the aftermarket world. But anyways....welcome Deyton.

You must have been at the head of your classmates. Not because you are smart, it was so the teacher could keep an eye on you. :smirk::P

Hi, im just getting back into motocross again and its been a while since ive had my last bike, which was a crl100, im 5'10, 130 pounds, should i either get a crl250r or a kx100f??

Welcome Deyton! :cheers:
I was just riding down in your neck of the woods not too long ago... So tell me a little more about your riding experience, budget and skill level. This will help us determine where you are with your skill set and which bike would fit you best.

I think you are too big for any 100 if you are between the ages of 9 and 70.

If you are going racing look for a low time 125 two stroke. If all you are planning is racing, 5 or 6 speeds are ok for the track. The list gets a little wider and different if you are going to ride more trail than track. Let us now what your priorities are.

If you are a responsible sort and over 16 I would take Palmer's advice to heart in this case. It is probably the only case, sadly. But in this case you can't really go wrong with a yz250 that is a 94 or newer when they are priced right.