Amatuer gear ratio

If I just want to go fast on straight flat tracks like drag racing what gear ratio would be best for me

With no other information this answer cannot be found. If you gave us all the bike info such as year make model, any modifications, tire sizes, gear box ratios,etc, we could give you a good starting point. But then it would be trial and error by you. All drag racers are always fiddling with their gear ratios if ever so slightly depending on course length,track conditions and tire selection.

you would think that when it comes to 1/4 mi drags, the track (all of them), being the same distance from start to finish and the surface being paved that drag racers would have a 'number' and just leave it there. it probably works for production type bikes. the serious though use that, ignition timing, jetting, VALVE timing, spring rates, and tire pressure in an endless game of calculated guesses to shave off less than one hundredth of a second, or to keep the loss due to the day warming up to minimum. for a man like me who is very engine conscious I tip my hat continually to these guys that go out week after week and ram their heads into a proverbial wall. the quarter mile is so easily run, and all you have to do to complicate it is to have to line up next to a guy that wants to win just as badly as you do. all in all one of the groups that is just plain classy in my book.

What ratio would you go with

One of the best motorcycle builders I know would tell you "whatever works, works, whatever works better, works better, and whatever works best, works best." So now bucko, you really need to reread what Steve asked you and kind of help the process here. This isn't like you can sit in the middle of the room and scream "MOMMIE!!!"