Front Brake rotor guard. Cosmetic or Actual protection.

Break rotor guards. Cosmetic or actual protection

• Total voters
Ive currently got a pretty good spat going on with one of our members (Troll) whether Front Brake Rotor Guards are actually ment for protection or just a cosmetic component.

He states that anything that will damage a rotor will distroy the rotor guard. And he may be correct on this depending on how hard the impact is. However it is my opinon and personal experience that the front rotor guard can, does, and will absorb the impact enough to protect the rotor from damage.

We are all brothers here... Chill :D

I dont know... I have no personal experience with one any bike i've ever had didn't have one... Never messed up a rotor... A stick or a rock will not hurt the rotor . And if it did... It would take out that gaurd or spoke's...I can see where it might keep mud off the rotor to some extent .. But then again i can see where it would trap everything.

This is my answer... Plus i think my bike looks naked without it.

Not mad. Irratated but not mad. Just like you I am very addiment about what I believe to be true, especially when I have physical proof and experience with whatever the case may be.

I say it depends on the rotor guard. However, the one I would buy would provide protection. I have looked but have not pulled the trigger on one of these for my sons bike. He has broken 2 front brake calipers off in the rocks and I feel a guard would have reduced the chances of this happening. By the way it was on the same trail 2 weeks in a row where he broke it off. He has not been back up that trail since!

I say it depends on the rotor guard. However, the one I would buy would provide protection. I have looked but have not pulled the trigger on one of these for my sons bike. He has broken 2 front brake calipers off in the rocks and I feel a guard would have reduced the chances of this happening. By the way it was on the same trail 2 weeks in a row where he broke it off. He has not been back up that trail since!

Hey this is a poll. You gotta vote to help support my point.

Like I stated in the other thread I think plastic guards protect against roost..dings.. but lets say you slam it on a log or rock, that bish is bending guard or no guard

all 16 year old jockies aside......

I had one on a xr250 a long time ago, never damaged the rotor with it, but then again I've never damaged the rotor on my wr either, and I've crashed it far harder than that xr could ever even have a nightmare about.

all 16 year old jockies aside......

I had one on a xr250 a long time ago, never damaged the rotor with it, but then again I've never damaged the rotor on my wr either, and I've crashed it far harder than that xr could ever even have a nightmare about.
well, for the 2012 bikes