Freeride 250r or 350??

G'day all,
New to this. Looking at buying a KTM freeride 250r or 350. Coming off a CRF150r. Dont need advice in relation to other bikes, I've done my resarch and know one of them is right. Would just like some advice in relation to which would be more suitable. Female rider, 36 years old, not great but love it, very short lilke 5 foot 3. Can ride the 150 ok but not ring its ears off. I want a road registerable bike so i can ride anywhere in aus... Uluru, Fraser Island etc. Ive ridden the 250r, would like opinions on whether the 350 woulf be more suitable??

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome to the forum!!
I personally believe there is never enough torque for the road. The bigger the better.
But alot of folks find a 250cc plenty for shorter commutes.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

The 250 and 350 will be about the same size in height, but the 350 will be a little heavier. How much trail riding are you going to be doing and will it be more than the road use? Like others have said, the 350 would be more suited for load runs on the road, but the 250 would be better suited for trail use if they are more technical.

You said you rode a 250r, what did you think of the power and what type of riding did you do when you rode it?

Thanks guys!
More trail riding than road riding, will really only use the road to get to the trails. In saying that I wont be riding really difficult trails just yet!! I road the 250 around the outside of the shop and didnt get out of 3rd so not enough to get a great idea. I'd never ridden a 2 stroke before but was happy with the power of it with the short ride.