250 Frame with no VIN?

Hey guys, I've got a question about a bike I've owned for a few months now, I've been working so much I haven't had time to mess with it until now. But yesterday i was looking for the VIN on my 2006 kx250 to take it in and apply for a bonded title. But there's no vin on the steering tube behind the number plate. Obviously the first thing I thought was someone must have ground it off, but there's no grind Mark's and the frame still has factory paint on it. A little bit of internet research says that it's possible the frame could have been ruined, and replaced with a new factory frame, and it wouldn't be stamped. Has anyone actually dealt with this? or and I crazy? could the vin be somewhere else on the bike?
I did find the cereal number on the motor
kx250re004612

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thank you sir! I think I've got it from here, my local kawi shop is actually working on getting me the original vin from the engine serial #.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sometimes it’s on a riveted plate over here and quite often missing with age!
KX in the USA/North America are stamped on the head tube. If the dealer can track down the original frame number from the engine, they are far more advanced than other states. I had a Husqvarna Certificate of Origin with the wrong engine to frame number shipped to me from IL. They just called the factory, and shipped me a new cert so I could get it registered. DMV/CHP wouldn't do it without corrected papers.