250F Frame number isn’t adding up!! Help

Hi all,
I’m new here and looking for some important help please.
i have a 2016 Honda crf250r that I bought the other day, only this is that all checks I do says it’s a 2006 cr250!! I’m worried it’s stolen or something.

The thing that gets me is that I’ve inspected every part of the bike and it’s all as it should be, I have had a CRF before and this is all identical and immaculate condition. I have attached pictures to show.
The guy I bought it from said that his dad bought him it from new but can’t remember where!

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
That VIN is coming up as invalid under the check digit as well.
Looks like an awful stamp job.

Not sure how registration works in AUS, but that would probably be highly suspect in my eyes.
Let us know how it works out!! Hoping you get to keep it with a funny story to tell. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Everything I look into looks suspicious but I also can’t find anything online regarding stolen bikes in this country however am am returning to owner as I’m not willing to take that risk!

You already have it , Why not ride the hell out of it while you can ? Then contact the PO and tell him your concerns .. demand your money back .....

Ok , tell PO , you know what is going on and get a few extra bucks from him... tell him you will notify authorities if he does'nt fork over a little extra .......