Boots Forma Terrain TX HPS

Ok Ok, I know I've had like 3 different pairs of boots this year alone, searching for that perfect fit just for Cinderella. Well, on my journey I've worn Gaerne SG10's, and based on information provided by PSJBrock they don't protect the big foot very well as the size 11 uses the same size shank as a size 11. Then I had a pair of Jett J1 boots, and these boots, were amazing, comfort wise, ultra light weight, good buckles, plenty of protection. However, they chewed through the replaceable mid-sole at a rate of 1 set every 2 races, I didn't like paying 40 bucks in boot maintenance so I sold them. So now I'm here, taking another wild shot on a European company that's just now coming state side called Forma. They offer the Terrain TX which is the cheapest hinged boot on the market, at 279 (SG10's are 399 most places) in both a traditional sewn sole and a bonded sole, I prefer the bonded sole (HPS) so thats what I ordered. They arrived yesterday and I have not ridden in them, however this review will be a different, I will post up as the boots age and I find out what they're all about.
Out of the box they're one of the best looking boots in my opinion, they're a lot lighter than the SG-10's, the buckle system works flawlessly, the stitching is all very well done visually, booting the boots on was easy, I wear 11 U.S size, and the Forma's are sold in european size which meant a 45 for me, they fit perfectly :thumb: I walked around the shop a little, very comfortable, not as much padding in the sole as the SG10's, which if it bugged me enough I could just go get insoles. Thats all for now, I will post back when I have seat time with them :ride:

what a bunch of malarkey

dolan_duck_hd_hq_by_bojanglesthecat-d52ixnl.png

Ok, I haven't been riding a lot so this weekends race (my last one of the season) was the first outing for the boots. Not once through out the 2 1/2 hour race did I ever feel uncomfortable, I barely noticed I had any boots on comfort wise, I did have some get offs though, but not ankle twisting. The boots were spot perfect comfort wise. Here are some pictures of them afterwards, a little chew marks on the soles, but its a lot less than other boots I've had with a bonded sole, a couple of black marks wouldn't come out with simple green and a scrub brush, I will try both simple green, a soft bristle brush, a pressure washer and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser when I get the chance, but they are white boots, it happens to all the ones I've seen other than SG10's which will remain white provided you put a little elbow grease into them. But, I'm not really worried about it, if you're afraid to get dirty stay home :P and in all areas that really mattered they performed fantastic

Ok, I haven't been riding a lot so this weekends race (my last one of the season) was the first outing for the boots. Not once through out the 2 1/2 hour race did I ever feel uncomfortable, I barely noticed I had any boots on comfort wise, I did have some get offs though, but not ankle twisting. The boots were spot perfect comfort wise. Here are some pictures of them afterwards, a little chew marks on the soles, but its a lot less than other boots I've had with a bonded sole, a couple of black marks wouldn't come out with simple green and a scrub brush, I will try both simple green, a soft bristle brush, a pressure washer and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser when I get the chance, but they are white boots, it happens to all the ones I've seen other than SG10's which will remain white provided you put a little elbow grease into them. But, I'm not really worried about it, if you're afraid to get dirty stay home :P and in all areas that really mattered they performed fantastic

They look like AStars.

Whats the word on the Forma's? I'm actually tying to decide between the Froma's and Jetts. Are the Forma's anywhere near as light and narrow?

Whats the word on the Forma's? I'm actually tying to decide between the Froma's and Jetts. Are the Forma's anywhere near as light and narrow?

So far, at 4 rides, they're holding up great! They aren't noticeably heavier than the Jetts were, but they are quite a bit bigger, width and height wise (going off of memory) what killed the Jett's for me was the mid sole wearing through to steel every 2 races. Really cool boots other than that though. Right now they are muddy, I will take pics again after I wash them.
I got an opportunity to buy the new Predators (double hinged) for a great price. I'm so tempted.
Predator%20Red.gif

So far so good, nothing to be overly worried about, the white part of the sole thats got the chew marks on it is replacable (not time yet) but I can't find it online, I'm sure I can get one if I call them.