Flasher dash light only working intermittently?

Hey guys. Had my bike road registered and plated.
Everything was working fine for the 1st couple of rides after that, then all of a sudden during a ride today as I was riding along, I noticed that the flasher light on the dash(that tells you when your indicators are on), stopped working. All other lights were working properly including the indicators themselves.
Then as I was almost home, it suddenly started to work again.
Then as I got home, I left the bike parked in my drive way and went to see if it would still work, and even though the bike was still and not moved at all, it stopped working once again...then as I went to start the bike, it started working, and now it's still working...but for how long?(my indicators still work without the bike running, but all other lights don't unless the bike is running).

I rely on this dash light quite a lot to remind me to turn off the indicators. It has had a new globe put in it, I checked all the fuses, all were good and the rectifer and stator are also brand new and run on a higher output. All connectors are tight, etc.

I'm wondering what the possible cause is? I was thinking battery not putting out enough voltage? or the prongs/contacts not making proper contact onto the globe?(when I put the new globe in, I noticed the prongs in where the globe goes into were slightly bent out of shape so I had to bend them back into shape and it had been working ever since, till now).
I also did notice that sometimes, when using the electric start, it has low cranks like the battery is flat but most the time still starts(and in fact, the battery did go flat the other day on its own and had to quickly charge it for a bit).
Apart from that, everything else works as normal.
Any help on where to start looking, is greatly appreciated.

Bike is a KTM 450 EXC 2004 model.

Last edited:
Somewhere you have a bad ground is my guess. That is one of the components that uses VERY little amperage to operate so I am guessing that though you may have low output, that said low output is not part of your problem there.

The flasher wiring harness is literally brand new though. Like, I bought it a week ago for road rego. Brand new from KTM, and everything was working properly prior.
And all the connections and ground wires are tight, I checked everything over and over trying to find the problem.

nevermind. just found the issue.
when I slightly touch the wire that goes to the dash, it starts working, then when I let go, it stops working again. So it's making bad contact with the globe.
I imagine that it happened from when the prongs came slightly out of shape, for some reason even though it is a brand new indicator wiring loom.

The flasher wiring harness is literally brand new though. Like, I bought it a week ago for road rego. Brand new from KTM, and everything was working properly prior.
And all the connections and ground wires are tight, I checked everything over and over trying to find the problem.

Yep