First trail ride on my new (to me) KDX.... Brown Mountain OHV

Well it was pretty much the first time I've actually gotten to ride it since I bought it a few weeks ago, other than just the little bit around my yard and the small wooded area next to my work. And I must say.... I absolutely LOVE this bike!! Being good friday, I had the day off work, so a couple buddies and I got together and headed up to Brown Mountain OHV trails for the day. This was my first time back out on the trails in almost 3 years.... the last time I rode was back in 2012 on my friends KTM 200 EXC (also a great bike), and the KDX is so stinking easy to ride it felt like i had just rode yesterday.... I felt great! I don't think I've ever rode another 2 stroke with such a smooooth powerband...... definitely not the on/off like many. Very very easy bike to ride for sure and doesn't beat you to death either..... very comfy. We all swapped bikes around throughout the day. My buddy Travis on the YZ-426f rode it as well as the guy on the TTR230..... first thing he said when he came back, "how much you want for it?". They both loved it! Really happy with my purchase and glad I decided to go with a KDX over one of the MX bikes I was originally planning on

Anyways... some pics :smirk:

Loaded up and ready to go.... my buddy Travis sold his Jeep awhile back and doesn't have a hitch for his CRV yet so I had to haul his bike too. No biggie

0403150825a_zps9yvt1cls.jpg

Met up with everybody else at Brown Mountain

0403151016_zpsetai4row.jpg

0403151042a_zpsfcgwebpz.jpg

0403151044_zpsscddcquf.jpg

0403151044a_zps3eb77see.jpg

0403151211_zpsdprbj9a2.jpg

0403151212_zps54jhypsf.jpg

0403151212a_zps5ugwjhph.jpg

0403151404_zpsj1bvtu54.jpg

After riding all day long, finally called it a day about 6pm..... loaded up and ready to go fill our bellies. Bike ran absolutely flawless..... not a single problem the entire day. Had a fantastic time! Only one minor crash.... front end slid out in some sand, no biggie. And then I lost my footing getting on the bike and we both tipped over sitting still, lol. But we both came out in the same shape we went in so that's always a good thing. We even saw another KDX there riding around

0403151801_zpsyujmcrib.jpg

0403151801b_zpsgtcpsmdp.jpg

We were all beat...... just throw it in, we'll organize it later, lol

0403151801a_zps8lb19ifm.jpg

All in all had a great day, and really loving my "new" bike!! Can't wait to get back out there and ride some more! :thumb:

Well it wasn't planned, but I ended up being able to go again today too! Kinda funny how it worked out..... I usually work 7am-7pm on sat-sun. I was completely exhausted when I got home yesterday after riding all day, so much so that I didn't even unload the bikes off the trailer (or disconnect it from the car) or unload any of the gear from the car. I literally walked in, sat down on my bed, and fell asleep, lol. So I go into work this morning, trailer + bikes and all..... get there and there's almost nobody there. Apparently being that we're closed tomorrow for easter, they decided not to run anything today and I apparently missed the memo. So I was only there about 10 minutes or so and headed back out. So here I am, 7:15 am and a whooooole free day ahead of me, Brown Mountain is only 30 minutes up the road, bikes and gear is with me..... hell why not?? LOL

So I headed up to Brown Mountain once again..... I was by myself this time, but still had a great time. Didn't ride quite as much as I was still quite fatigued from the day before, plus getting up early for work. But I snapped a few more pics

Making my way up the mountain on the main trail, just before breaking off onto another

0404151051_zpsievcnxk5.jpg

0404151052_zpsudswff7k.jpg

I could tell from my riding that I was still very tired and fatigued..... couldn't quite get in the groove I was in yesterday. Got to the top of the mountain (where there's not nearly the traffic of the lower trails) to a nice quiet spot.... pulled off, laid down in the grass and took a little nap to the sound of the wind in the trees and echoes of other bikes in the distance. It was quite relaxing

0404151123_zpsci3ixl5a.jpg

0404151128_zps9lcwnfkx.jpg

About an hour later got back up and made my way back down..... was starting to get hungry so I went back to the car and ate some lunch, then headed back up for a little more

0404151436a_zpsczyvqnxq.jpg

0404151436b_zpslpcvhjza.jpg

I'm usually not one for "selfies", lol.... but what the hell I had to have at least one, heh

0404151255_zps433fhkn9.jpg

Trail map..... it's a pretty sweet place with some great well maintained trails. Always a fun time :) Might even go back tomorrow! haha

Brown%20Mountain%20Trail%20Map_zps726rzqp5.jpg

what year is your KDX? is it a 200? I like the graphics and looks of yours I gotta 05 KDX220, pure stock look I want mine to look some what similar to yours. great bike by the way

Figures.....old school, that was a hell of a bike though. Probably still is.
it doesn't hit like a 2 stroke, yet is nearly unstoppable when it comes to hill climbs (torque) thats why he likes it. I rode it through part of a modern desert race course last year, that suspension and brakes will make you appreciate a modern bike.

it doesn't hit like a 2 stroke, yet is nearly unstoppable when it comes to hill climbs (torque) thats why he likes it. I rode it through part of a modern desert race course last year, that suspension and brakes will make you appreciate a modern bike.

That's a given....but I do remember it being a real trail breaker....and a ball breaker.

Everyone I know who has a KDX loves it. And most of them STILL have them. They love them THAT much.

What a nice riding are. As far as Im concerned, right away if it has trees its nice. And what a nice surprise to suddenly have the day off to ride!

I shouldn't preach about riding alone so Im not. I shouldn't preach about riding alone so Im not. I shouldn't preach about riding alone because that would be calling the kettle black. I do it too. But now here sitting in bed, and hella thankful I was with buddies, the message is ringing loud in my ears.

Congrats on your new baby:ride:

I too like the green ya know:thumb: