First time for my man to even RIDE fun trip tho

My dad little bro,sis and 3 little cousins. my dads friend and his 2 kids,his other friend Dennis, my friend kaley and her boyfriend and my boyfriend all went riding in dove springs, ca to the same spot where I made a memorial for my uncle Brian who passed last year. Learning curve for my cousin and my little sister and boyfriend. I need a footprint bad.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 35
So how is Dove Springs nowadays? I keep thinking I want to go there again as I use to go there all the time for the last 30 years but with all the land closures and LEO's, rangers, helicopters, etc. we have not been back for over 3 years. Not sure what to even expect anymore but I would like to go on a non busy weekend. Last time I was there was Thanksgiving 2009 and down around the bowl it was a scene from Mad Max. We used to head out on some nice long rides heading toward Lake Isabela but from what I have learned over the years is that land has all been closed down.

So how is Dove Springs nowadays? I keep thinking I want to go there again as I use to go there all the time for the last 30 years but with all the land closures and LEO's, rangers, helicopters, etc. we have not been back for over 3 years. Not sure what to even expect anymore but I would like to go on a non busy weekend. Last time I was there was Thanksgiving 2009 and down around the bowl it was a scene from Mad Max. We used to head out on some nice long rides heading toward Lake Isabela but from what I have learned over the years is that land has all been closed down.
not all of it is closed down. we used to ride in Jawbone all the time and probably like 3 years ago or so they started blocking off a lot of trails and it was always crowded. nowadays you have to go on a non busy weekend or during the week. we went thursday and left saturday before the new years so saturday all the partiers started coming in and we were out of there haha. there was a ranger that came out there and told us that we couldnt ride on the trail that went out to the mountains directly behind our camp but none of us cared we did it anyway. and we never camp at the bowl that place is always crowded haha. we turn right onto a flat road probably like -5 miles off the freeway and then go back like another 5-7 miles and camp off to the left in a big open area off the road.

not all of it is closed down. we used to ride in Jawbone all the time and probably like 3 years ago or so they started blocking off a lot of trails and it was always crowded. nowadays you have to go on a non busy weekend or during the week. we went thursday and left saturday before the new years so saturday all the partiers started coming in and we were out of there haha. there was a ranger that came out there and told us that we couldnt ride on the trail that went out to the mountains directly behind our camp but none of us cared we did it anyway. and we never camp at the bowl that place is always crowded haha. we turn right onto a flat road probably like -5 miles off the freeway and then go back like another 5-7 miles and camp off to the left in a big open area off the road.
We never camped at the bowl either and you know why. We use to go in on Butterbret Road which is probably another 3 miles north past the main entrance into Dove Springs and that would take you in by an old cattle coral near the pipeline road. That was a nice area far away from the general bozo population which sounds similar to the place you describe.

We never camped at the bowl either and you know why. We use to go in on Butterbret Road which is probably another 3 miles north past the main entrance into Dove Springs and that would take you in by an old cattle coral near the pipeline road. That was a nice area far away from the general bozo population which sounds similar to the place you describe.
Yeah
my dad told me about butterbret road before. I've just never been there. When we usually go to dove its not crowded where we camp but this last trip tons of people started coming in when we were leaving it was nice to get out of town. We ride in havasu too whenever we go there