First Dirt Impression

Well yesterday I got to through some dirt under the tires of my 2012 RS520 Beta, did a 58-ish mile loop out my door in 1 hour and 47 minutes a combo of 80% Fire road, 15% Tarmac, 5% Single track. She performed absolutely sweet. I am going to do a back to back with my TE450 to see if the difference is big or small.
From what I know so far is this:
Need to raise the bars with some risers about 10mm to help with the out of saddle standing feel.
Lower the air pressure to fit the terrain conditions. I think they were a little high for the fast fire roads.

She corners sweet, climbs great, and tracks real good. Very stable machine for sure. Good gear ratios, I did change from the stock 14 to 13 in the front but 6th gear will still render over 65 without a revved out motor.

If you are in the market for a (new) DS bike I think this one is a great bike, not to many used ones however I did talk to a guy that picked up a 2011 RS450, for just under 7,000.00 and 700 miles from Z-sports (KTM Dealer had it on consignment.) I ordered a couple of goodies from the web and they arived in less than 3 days.
This Company could take off if the recognition gets out. Still carburated bikes, while almost all others are EFI. I always did have a thought in the back of my mind of being stranded. Thats why I never ventured real far alone. I would ride this bad boy across the states alone with no problems.
Sorry, I took no pictures of this event as it was non-stop so my little woman could have dinner ready when I returned. I told her 2 hours max and clipped it by 13 minutes for a piss break on top. Hot day and sucked my 100 camel back dry.