First bike

I want to buy my first dirt bike this year. I am 16 years old, 6'1" and 215 pounds. I am mostly interested in 2 strokes because the prices seem cheaper. I originally wanted a yz125 but I'm worried I'm too big. Any help is appreciated, thanks

I want to buy my first dirt bike this year. I am 16 years old, 6'1" and 215 pounds. I am mostly interested in 2 strokes because the prices seem cheaper. I originally wanted a yz125 but I'm worried I'm too big. Any help is appreciated, thanks
So I started riding a little after 16 way back when and was probably an identical height and weight. The recommendations, given that I hadn't ridden extensively before was to go with a 4T because its easier to get to grips with and learn on. Having done that, my personal experience was that I got bored of that bike really quickly and felt it actually limited the tiny capabilities I had because its so under powered!

My personal opinion would be to rather have a slightly tougher learning curve and get the 125 2T the power delivery is so much better and for someone just starting out there's just about nothing that's more fun.

If repairs do become an issue there's no question the 2T's are cheaper in the long run but don't forget to factor the 2 stroke oil in. Also consider that you going to probably grow a bit more and want to trade up to a 350 4T or 250 2T in the next year or two so what your re-sale value of that bike is becomes crucial to making that trade up easier from a cost perspective.

When it comes to 125's, at your/my skill level - bike your colour bro, they all brilliant and it'd take a skilled rider to really feel the difference in how they perform.Ifthe blue one excites you more when you look at it -get that one. My 2 cents at least.

Looking forward to see what you get in the end! Enjoy!

So I started riding a little after 16 way back when and was probably an identical height and weight. The recommendations, given that I hadn't ridden extensively before was to go with a 4T because its easier to get to grips with and learn on. Having done that, my personal experience was that I got bored of that bike really quickly and felt it actually limited the tiny capabilities I had because its so under powered!

My personal opinion would be to rather have a slightly tougher learning curve and get the 125 2T the power delivery is so much better and for someone just starting out there's just about nothing that's more fun.

If repairs do become an issue there's no question the 2T's are cheaper in the long run but don't forget to factor the 2 stroke oil in. Also consider that you going to probably grow a bit more and want to trade up to a 350 4T or 250 2T in the next year or two so what your re-sale value of that bike is becomes crucial to making that trade up easier from a cost perspective.

When it comes to 125's, at your/my skill level - bike your colour bro, they all brilliant and it'd take a skilled rider to really feel the difference in how they perform.Ifthe blue one excites you more when you look at it -get that one. My 2 cents at least.

Looking forward to see what you get in the end! Enjoy!
Thanks for the detailed reply!