Favorite movies

I have always liked action moves, especially stuff with cars, bikes, etc. On Any Sunday, and Dust To Glory are two awesome films, But Vanishing Point has always been my favorite. First saw it when I was about fifteen years old and I was captivated. Souped up 1970 Dodge Challenger, the desert, defiance of the law, what more could you want? They made a crappy remake a while back which is an insult to the original, don't waste your time on that one.
If you have never seen the original, here is the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs

Another favorite is Two Lane Blacktop. Starring Dennis Wilson (of The Beachboys), James Taylor (the singer) and Warren Oates. If you ever wondered what the street drag racing scene was like back in the early '70s, this movie pretty much captures it. Not much of a plot, but a lot of street racing, lots of cool muscle cars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhQ3lJWfVtU

I do recommend both flicks.
So, what'cha got? Turn me on to some stuff I might like.

The Fastest Indian!

It is one of my very favorites, with Anthony Hopkins. A moto movie that touches the heart and that I can relate to for a few reasons.

I highly recommend it to every motorcyclist.

i really dig the old car chase movies. Smokie and the bandits, The French Connection, Original gone in 60 seconds, bullit and of course Vanishing Point was a classic. Knowing that the scenes are real is awesome. even with the one big scene in The French Connection they filmed it on the real streets and when you see them slam into a parked car that was someones car and they payed them for it.

when i was a kid my favorite movie was BeastMaster.... tried to rewatch it recently... :lol: not the same

Movies in no general order but I love them most:
Actor:
Gerard DePardo, Man in the Iron Mask, not good reviews but good story and funny lines. Also in French w/subtitles The Count of Monte Cristo
Jack Nicholson, Is this as good as it gets, Something gotta give "more of a chick flick but funny.
Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, Tombstone "love this one"
Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe, Sharon Stone (yummy), Quick and the Dead. Crowe in Gladiator
Clint Eastwood in most of his 35 years, all the Harry's, and Westerns. Outlaw Jose Wales, Hang em High, Good Bad and Ugly..etc.
Mel Gibson, almost any..Man with out a Face, Lethal Weapon 1-4, Braveheart, Patriot, etc...
Steve Martin, A Simple Twiste of Fate, Father of the Brides.
Musical:
7 Brides for 7 Brothers :thumb:
Misc:
Last of the Mohicans, Sand Lot
Moto:
Time Rider, "is classic" Dust To Glory and On any Sunday.
Comedy:
Blazing Saddles, Monty Python Holy Grail.

A small list of my sickness. I have not had program TV for over 14 years at my house, (live in a Canyon where there is no reception) We own over 400 movies and they are all classic and or great, the list goes on!

SRAD97750

Staff member
I like alot of random movies.
Broken Flowers
The life aquatic
Requiem for a dream
Clockwork orange
The count of monte cristo
Anchorman
Office Space
:noidea:

The Fastest Indian is an awesome movie.
Seems like from 1968 to 1973 was a great era for action movies, as said French Connection, Chinatown, Eastwood, Bronson, etc.
The comedies of the mid 70's - Mel Brooks etc.
Mad Max, Office Space, Blade Runner, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, all classics.
Burt Reynolds has done some great stuff, Smokey, Gator and of course Boogie Nights.
The biker flicks of the late 60's are another fav of mine, kind of cheesy, but fun to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAIlPWVqME
Hells Angels '69 is a fun timewaster, even has Sonny Barger in it, and some dirtbiking scenes towards the end, here is the whole movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7eRK4eA3s
Badlands starring Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek is another favorite - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcFx06cBmbk
Gary, you aren't missing anything, I cancelled my cable last year, don't miss it at all, and have already saved over $1000.
Hulu has On Any Sunday, Timerider and many more movies available for free viewing - http://www.hulu.com/browse/movies

The worlds fastest Indian? That is a really really good movie.. My dad gave it to me a couple years ago. Never get sick of it.

My favorite movie would prob be silent hill.
And all hellraisers.
Carriers.
Resident evil.
Pretty much anything horror haha
The walking dead TV series on amc is by far the BEST thing I've ever seen on TV tho...

Don't like my signature? Fµ¢k you :)
And for the ones that just got confused... this IS a real live signature! Amazing huh??

James

Staff member
I'm a (modern) action film junkie. :lol: Not a fan of the old westerns.

Some of my top favorite moives are:
Black Hawk Down
We Were Soliders
Saving Private Ryan

Others:
Hurt Locker
Bourne Series
The Kingdom
Green Zone

We're going to go see Act of Valor tonight, might have to add it to this list. :salute:

All time favorite of any genre is Lonesome Dove...
Dust to Glory, On any Sunday
Bourne series
Taken
Missing
Unknown (wierd but I like it)
Any espionage (sp?) film
Quigley Down Under (never said I didn'tnow HOW to use a siz shooter, said I didn't CARE to use a siz shooter.)
Tombstone/Wyatt Earp
Hot Rods to Hell
The Longest Day

The list goes on......

If anyone has comcast, under the free movies, there's one called 'experiment'.. Its cool, watch it..
A bunch of people sign up for a controlled prison experiment in an old building made into a small prison. 6 are guards, 13 are prisoners, and it gets craaazy... Very cool

"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"
any of the Mel Brooks films
Any of the Marx Bros films...
"March of the Wooden Soilders/Babes in Toyland" with Laurel and Hardy
"Robin Hood" the original with Erol Flynn
The original "Treasure Island"
Any John Wayne film...
anything pre 1959...I'm a sucker for the classics

All time favorite of any genre is Lonesome Dove...
Dust to Glory, On any Sunday
Bourne series
Taken
Missing
Unknown (wierd but I like it)
Any espionage (sp?) film
Quigley Down Under (never said I didn'tnow HOW to use a siz shooter, said I didn't CARE to use a siz shooter.)
Tombstone/Wyatt Earp
Hot Rods to Hell
The Longest Day

The list goes on......

Nice selection Rez!

:cheers: