Exhaust Problem?

I'm new to dirt bikes and I just had a question... I bought a dirt bike today and the thing is, there is air blowing out from where the arrow is pointing and its a bit loose. Should I change the entire exhaust pipe? Or use some quicksteel to cover it up?

2mg4h90.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
I'm new to dirt bikes and I just had a question... I bought a dirt bike today and the thing is, there is air blowing out from where the arrow is pointing and its a bit loose. Should I change the entire exhaust pipe? Or use some quicksteel to cover it up?

Pull the muffler off and replace the little seal in there. It's like a ring of cardboard. You can find muffler tape at autozone as well. Tighten the hardware good until it seals. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Pull the muffler off and replace the little seal in there. It's like a ring of cardboard. You can find muffler tape at autozone as well. Tighten the hardware good until it seals. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Could u possibly show me a link to the seal? Can't seem to find it... Are they universal?

SRAD97750

Staff member
There's also a few kind of loud backfires coming from that hole. Just cover it up and it should be good?
It's not something that can be covered.
You need to fix the problem of the seal being deteriorated and the bolt not being tight enough.-BIG DAN:thumb: