Exhaust Help!!

Hello Everyone!

And Happy Friday!

I will make a long story as short as possible!

Just bought a 2007 Suzuki RMZ 250 about 2 months ago. The person I bought it from has done some work to it, including installing a full Yoshi Exhaust. It sounds great, don't get me wrong, but it is reallllllyyyyy loud. I've been warned by park rangers that I will get a ticket if fish and game catches me. It does not have a spark arrestor and I ordered one from my local Motorsports store (hoping that would quiet me down), but it doesn't fit. I am desperately seeking advice on how to make it quieter.

I know that with a more restricted exhaust, I will sacrifice performance, but I am willing to do that, as I really am a novice trail rider and NEVER plan to race. My questions are as follows:

1) Anyone wanna trade their factory exhaust for my yoshi exhaust??!!! (New Hampshire)
2) Will any slip on fit a yoshi header? i.e. are aftermarket headers all the same-ish size/style.
3) Any recommendations on where to go from here as far as dampening my "braaaaps," as they say? If options one and two don't pan out.

Thank you in advance for all of your help/suggestions.

Dave

Had the same issue with a yz250f bought with a full PC Ti-4 system. Laud as heck too. I repacked the muffler and made it a lot quieter. Still loud but not as abrasive. You may have to drill out some rivets if you decide to try that. Or, you could eBay the yosh and sell it in minutes for $400, buy a stocker for $200 and stash $200 for the next thing that breaks :D

Not to mention making hunters want to shoot you... because there's nothing left in the valley to shoot at but you and your noisemaker

Not yet.

Loud pipes lose rights.

People here are different than what your used to.

Not to mention making hunters want to shoot you... because there's nothing left in the valley to shoot at but you and your noisemaker

Only been threatened once with a firearm while riding, me and my buddy we're riding our sleds on Super Bowl Sunday (1982 was the year) thru a field iwhen a hippy runs out of his trailer with his pajamas and holding his shotgun screaming at us because we were screwing up his football watching experience.

Hahaha! Never been shot at but had a couple hunters give us the finger when we waved at them while passing by. :finger:
Had an old codger chase us down in a pickup truck in the Arkansas backwoods. Never forget his name -Bob mackelroy .. Popped out of his truck after running it down a trail barely wide enough for a atv and began yelling at us while waving a pistol and wearing a yellow hardhat.."In WWII I got
shot three times, been shot AT a hunnerd times, got a steel plate in my head and a piece of n***** bone in my left leg! Now get off my property before I shoot the lot of ya!"
He went on and on while we apologized for the misunderstanding and thanked him for his military service and he kept going and he was talking so much
that he eventually forgot why he was yelling at us! By the end of our meeting he was shaking our hands and saying "you guys are alright, you can ride on my land anytime you want'"
:thumb:

People here are different than what your used to.

Only been threatened once with a firearm while riding, me and my buddy we're riding our sleds on Super Bowl Sunday (1982 was the year) thru a field iwhen a hippy runs out of his trailer with his pajamas and holding his shotgun screaming at us because we were screwing up his football watching experience.

Mmmmm not true. Douche bags are everywhere. I bet there is one in your mirror.