Epilogue: The Fubar'd weekend, 4th of July.

It started out like this Friday night:
general 604.jpg

All went well for a couple of hours! My buddy and I got there at noon on Sat. Some local jackass put 2 locks on my chains and cables to my gate, probably because he was pissed he couldn't break in....that took 2 hours. It's 2PM and just SWEALTERING outside! It was mid 90's with 98% humidity! My fingers had sweat beads! Jesus! There was not one MPH of breeze!
(You desert guys know heat, but not humidity!) It was oppressive! Even in the shade of my woods! A BUNCH of friends came over to drink beers in the shade on ATV's and SxS's. :thumb: They brought food for the grill! I made a fire, which, strangely, was nice since it dispelled the humidity when you sat around it! It was a GTFU thing! :thinking: For real! Weird! (Here comes the Buckrun recipe thing:)
I did a dozen ears of sweet corn on the coals, and added my cast iron dutch oven filled with FRESH local hot hungarian peppers stuffed with a combo of ground venison, lamb, mushrooms, garlic, onions, spices, and topped off with a can of tomato soup and two cans of diced tomato's with integrated jalapeno seaonings. Of course, a pound and a half of mozzarella went on top before the lid went on! (I always like to slip a recipe in a RR when I can! :thumb: I eat good!)

Sunday was just as hot and 100% humidity. My buddy I got an early start at 7am and we got my neighbors ill mannered ancient 1940's Ford 2N with a brush hog to clear the weeds that were chest high on my trails. He took the tractor, I took the lawn mower to do the 1/2 acre of shit around the cabin. Brutal would be a kind word! Hot sun and humidity! We both got done around noon. He had to get the tractor back to the neighbor and do a "thank you" cut of his property for its use.
We picked the ticks off our jeans, which felt like R38 insulation on us, and got shorts on and doused our heads in cold water!
I got the XR400 out and fired it up! First kick! Let it idle for 2 mins, shut her down, and checked the oil. I had just changed it the night before I Fubar'd my finger. It was at the top of the max level and clean as a whistle! :thumb: I wanted to go for a breezy ride because I was soaked with sweat and in need of a breeze! I told my buddy where I was going while he cut grass, and was on my way!
It was nice! The breeze evaporating sweat as I did the established trails all within 5 miles of my cabin! Very cool!
I topped a hill and went into an easy deep wooded hollow. As I powered up in 2nd gear, the engine made a quick noise like a finger on a comb. DEAD stop.
Gears worked, but engine was locked.
I was fubared where I was at. No way to get it out. I had to push it up hill, a yard at at time to the point where I could get a truck to help! It was brutal! And hot! I drank all but 8 oz of water doing it! I got it to the top and had a 5 mile hike. I just flopped the bike down on the trail.
As the crow flies, it was 5 miles.
I went for the straightest distance between 2 lines! Bad choice! I started walking in 3 foot deep weeds that went to 5 footers. It was like walking in 2 ft deep snow. It caught your boot on every step. I carried my helmet but I had no other head protection. The biting flies were making nests in my head and the ticks were at least something I could flick off!
When I made it to a road, it was hot, sunny, and humid as you would never believe!
I was just about suffering from heat stroke and dehydration when I made it back to camp. I took my shirt off and filled it with ice and put it on my head like an Islam dude and let it drip down my body! That took an hour with lot's of water!
My buddy ran his truck up to where I left the bike off and picked it up.
I went to bed that night at dusk. I was finished!:shocked:

I'll bet if you stuck that finger in sidher it would feel better! :smirk: :lol: :lol:

Funny, bummer, dam good story. I had good old fashion 4th of July weekend. BBq pool side and a little family. Not all my kids came around, only half, the other half have obligations to their other half.

I'll bet if you stuck that finger in sidher it would feel better! :smirk: :lol: :lol:

Funny, bummer, dam good story. I had good old fashion 4th of July weekend. BBq pool side and a little family. Not all my kids came around, only half, the other half have obligations to their other half.

If I thought you were serious, my finger would be healed by now! Wait!....gimme a minute....holy shit! :thinking:

Damn! It worked! :finger: Thanks!

:smirk:

Ya gotta expect that, huh? :thumb:

:lol:

Jacked up finger, shorts, riding alone, XR400, getting off the trail to walk back, where does it end?... :naughty:

Glad you made it back alright and survived the weekend. The pot of Lamb stew sounded good.:thumb:

Too bad about your run of bad luck. At least you had some good food.:thumb:
So, what about the bike? Have you been able to put a finger on the problem?

Holy Smokes Buck, what is it with you and your fingers? Oh, and by the way, speaking of Dutch Ovens, I gave my wife one last night and........you guessed it, I'm sleeping on the pull-out sofa bed again tonight....:noidea:

WOW:shocked: That finger looks too sore to ride with if you ask me, but your Buck who doesnt give uck and wants to ride to stay alive! :lol: Just a little poem for ya I made up as I was typing.

Gee, what sweaty weekend of work and pain. You poor thing! I hope your impressive stew made up for it.

So sorry about your XR. Always a bummer when your bike is down. XR's are typically very reliable, which is probably why you own one in the woods.

What a trek you made! Something tells me after all of that you will still ride alone.

So what exactly happen to your finger? Did I miss something:noidea: It looks like a bite. Were you ah rasselin with a possum?

Holy Smokes Buck, what is it with you and your fingers? Oh, and by the way, speaking of Dutch Ovens, I gave my wife one last night and........you guessed it, I'm sleeping on the pull-out sofa bed again tonight....:noidea:

WOW:shocked: That finger looks too sore to ride with if you ask me, but your Buck who doesnt give uck and wants to ride to stay alive! :lol: Just a little poem for ya I made up as I was typing.

Gee, what sweaty weekend of work and pain. You poor thing! I hope your impressive stew made up for it.

So sorry about your XR. Always a bummer when your bike is down. XR's are typically very reliable, which is probably why you own one in the woods.

What a trek you made! Something tells me after all of that you will still ride alone.

So what exactly happen to your finger? Did I miss something:noidea: It looks like a bite. Were you ah rasselin with a possum?

Too bad about your run of bad luck. At least you had some good food.:thumb:
So, what about the bike? Have you been able to put a finger on the problem?

Thanks to all for the belly laughs! :lol: Very cool and much appreciated! :thumb: (I did laugh hard!)

Diagnosis on the XR: Timing chain crapped out on me! :shocked: