Electric trials bike

I like the idea of an electric dirt bike, no carbs, efi, clutch, oil, gas, ignition, radiators etc. Right now, electric vehicles are in the Model T stage, it's only a matter of time before the bugs are worked out.
One jump is in Trials bikes, seems like electric would work good -
2012_elect_rt.jpg

Info here-
http://www.gasgas.com/2012_electric.htm

I'm with josmoloco, a Gas Gas electric bike is quite ironic. That or perhaps it's a hybrid. (jk)

Seems to me that electric is perfect for trials. You only ride a very short distance so the batteries lasting will not be an issue. The infinitely controllable torque from zero to max with no clutch has got to be an advantage. You could even apply reverse torque if needed. Two wheel drive?

These things will definitely need a class of their own.

the idea is pretty cool,and a electric trials bike seems like itd fit definetly.i dont how ever forsee MX events riders or off-road riders,choosing electric over gas any time soon,same as with cars..people like thier gas powered vehicles

the idea is pretty cool,and a electric trials bike seems like itd fit definetly.i dont how ever forsee MX events riders or off-road riders,choosing electric over gas any time soon,same as with cars..people like thier gas powered vehicles

I'm seeing more and more e-cars o nthe road... however I'd hve to imagine those same people (most not all) are those that don't ride OHV's... :noidea: I could be wrong...