Pro Dungey out for Daytona

James

Staff member
According to Dungey's official website, he won't be racing at Daytona due to fixing his collarbone. Which he broke BEFORE St. Louis!

60658_Dungey_US_SX_Phoenix_.jpg

Source

Press Release:
KTM Motorsports is saddened to report that Red Bull/KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey will sit out the Daytona Supercross after undergoing surgery this week to repair a broken collarbone.

Dungey, who currently sits second in the series point standings and has collected two Supercross class wins this season, suffered what was initially diagnosed to be a cracked collarbone when he slid out in a turn and landed on his shoulder while practicing at his training facility in Florida prior to the St. Louis Supercross.

Following the crash, Dungey felt sore but was determined to continue vying for his second Supercross title and KTMs first-ever US Supercross Championship. In a heroic effort, he managed to finish runner-up at the St. Louis Supercross. Further evaluation by Dungey’s doctor this week found his collarbone to be broken. Dungey chose to undergo surgery on Tuesday afternoon to plate the collarbone in hopes of a healthy return to racing as quickly as possible.

“This is hard for everyone on the team,” remarked Red Bull/KTM Team Manager Roger DeCoster. “Ryan has done an amazing job adapting to a completely new bike this year. Through the process he has won two Supercross races and has finished on the podium at seven of nine races. He was well in the thick of the championship hunt at the midway point in the series.”

DeCoster continued, “It is often heard around the pits that Ryan needs to get more aggressive and tougher on the track; I am guilty of this prediction myself. But after what he accomplished last week racing to a close second with a broken collarbone; my doubts about how tough he is are well and truly gone. We knew he was hurting but we did not realize his injury was that extensive. His gutsy performance in St. Louis and determination to keep racing despite his injury is a testament to his dedication to the team.”

Images Courtesy of KTM
Photography By: Hoppenworld.com

im not a big stewart fan but i have the feeling that he will win tomorow. i kinda hope he does. thats more entertaining than RV winning. plus if JS7 lost that race, he might comment suicide and that would be sad

im not a big stewart fan but i have the feeling that he will win tomorow. i kinda hope he does. thats more entertaining than RV winning. plus if JS7 lost that race, he might comment suicide and that would be sad
Hey, the dudes a fuckin millionaire :noidea: He could retire now, where'd this come from?!

James

Staff member
and then there was 2.... that is if one of the 2 can stay on his bike.
RV2 has it wrapped up unless he really screws up. More than just missing a single race.

RV2 currently leads Dungey by 13 points and after this weekend it'll be 33. Stewart, who's 3rd in points, is currently 53 back.

Lol pretty sure he's not doing it just for the money.

If I could what James does, less the crashing (im already pretty good at that) and riding out of control when its not necessary. I would totally do it for the money.

And a raging EGO MANIAC
Oh hell yes, I'd rather watch The luck charms hour with villipoto rather than bubbas world. He's just.. a piece of work
Just sayin he seems to always be very sad and disappointed when he loses. I think he has been very frustrated latly
Yeah but he won't kill himself :noidea: I lose my fair share of races, but I'm not gonna kill myself over it. If you got probs like that you shouldn't be on a motorcycle, flat out.

RV2 has it wrapped up unless he really screws up. More than just missing a single race.

RV2 currently leads Dungey by 13 points and after this weekend it'll be 33. Stewart, who's 3rd in points, is currently 53 back.

Very impressive for a man who doesn't participate in his own sites game! :prof::thinking: