DRZ DRZ 400 2011, is it an S or SM ?? 3x3 JD kit Jetting

i gots me an MRD ProComp exhuast and JD jet kit but i dont know if i have an S or SM bike.. which seems to matter when jetting the carb... please hyelp .. i love u long tyme!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome!
I doubt there will be any difference between the SM and S.
I would swap the pipe and see if there is any reason to re-jet. -BIG DAN:thumb:

thnx... im going to paste these instructions here.. the pipe and air box mod (3x3 basically putting a huge hole in it so it sucks way more air) seem to definitely require the re-jetting.. i got a guy taht's going to do the work for me, im on the west coast and i just got here got no tools! :( anyways i gotta bring this guy exact instructions cuase he has no dyno..

------------- Here's what i found ----------
Since I've been getting a few requests a week to e-mail the re-jet instructions word document (offered to send it to someone in old post that lives on) I thought I'd throw this post together. It is perhaps the one stop shop for 3x3 mod info: the master 3x3 post
The 3x3 Mod
Sample Jetting recommendations (note: these are different for different elevations and different bikes)

SM
- 150 main jet (155mj for full exhaust system
- 25 pilot jet
- 2nd clip on needle from top
- 2.5 turns out on fuel screw

S
- 140 – 142.mj (bigger for exhaust)
- 25 pilot jet
- 4th position from top
- 2.5 to 3 turns out on fuel screw

Burned’s fuel screw setting method:
with the bike warm and idleing turn the fuel screw in till the idle drops/misses.then go back out till the idle peaks/smooths.
this should happen between 1 and 3 turns out.
if you end up at less than 1 turn you need a smaller pilot jet.more than 2.5 (or 3 turns on a cv) you need a bigger pilot jet.
choose the appropriate size and retest.

oh shit you're in riverside... i JUST moved out of there on 3rd and Orange to Upland.. i work in ontario.. i only been out here since may as im from NJ... Fukn riding mecca out here im never leaving

SRAD97750

Staff member
oh shit you're in riverside... i JUST moved out of there on 3rd and Orange to Upland.. i work in ontario.. i only been out here since may as im from NJ... Fukn riding mecca out here im never leaving
Come on out, I have a ton of riding out of my Apple Valley property.
Can you give me your VIN number? They can be decoded to show original application. -BIG DAN:thumb:

sweeeeet .. thnx so much man. .. i'll get the VIN number tonight or tomorrow.. i didn't know that was possible.. i get lost for hours looking satlight images of shit around here .. i got to ride from arrow head to Pioneer town adn back.. total bucket list shit for me.. ima take u up on that ride for sure, soon as i get these mods tweaked ill be sure to hit u up.

yea i think i just figured out that SM stands for Super Moto lol.?.. ive only had a dirt bike for 4 months now had quads at home.. and a KX60 when i was like 12 ... but its a dirt bike for sure (its street legal got tags insurance an M class lic now). but pretty sure its a 21" front tire which would make it an S right? the SM has smaller front tire i think 18...

the street legal stock bikes are basically the same except for the wheels, brakes , sm upside down forks, s regular forks. I have 2 SM bikes. Carbs are the same. If you have an off road bike then it may have a pumper carb and is different.