Do you pressure wash your bike?

Do you pressure wash your bike?

• Total voters
Now that I'm not in a rush....
I started this after seeing many people say that they don't because it damages suspension and chassis bearings/seals.

I may not have been riding dirt bikes since we first stepped off Noah's ark, but I've got a fair # of years under my belt, I have always pressure washed my bike since I bought the little craftsman when I got my wr (about 7 years ago) I have never suffered a bearing failure outside of the ones in the WR that simply weren't greased, ever.

I feel like with normal, routine maintenance, a pressure washer being used to clean a bike does no damage, or at least if it does I have not seen it.

Never power wash your bike. Bearing/suspension/dust covers are not meant to stop 2000-2500 psi water blasts!! If you do id suggest tearing your bike completely down every time. The pros can do it because their mechanics strips down the machine every time. After my linkage seized I tore it apart. Not a drop of grease was left. And OEM kx linkage is not cheap ($160) and the bearing set was $80. At least the dog bone was ok. Take the time to just use a garden hose gun. Let the bike soak for a few minutes and it will fall right off. Power washers are hell on chains, bearings, graphics, grips, seats, and everything else.

I don't care if it damages bearings and seals or not.....I'm too lazy to scrub them down like I used too....and if it does cause damage,I probably cause more by riding thru the glacier silt water/mud regularly. no mater what I'm gonna be doing wheel bearings and suspension linkage bearings more often than most of you folks.

Anyone ever read how often the factory teams change out their wiring harnesses?

As long as you are careful and don't spray it at any of the bearings, carburetor/injection items or electrical, hell then what is the use?

When I use one of the several I have, it is more like it is a hose and not a pressure washer. Like anything else though, do what you like best.

I don't care if it damages bearings and seals or not.....I'm too lazy to scrub them down like I used too....and if it does cause damage,I probably cause more by riding thru the glacier silt water/mud regularly. no mater what I'm gonna be doing wheel bearings and suspension linkage bearings more often than most of you folks.
After my little linkage failure, I'm with you. I regrease my linkage every 10-15 hours but then again I enjoy being in my garage when I can :thumb:

After my little linkage failure, I'm with you. I regrease my linkage every 10-15 hours but then again I enjoy being in my garage when I can :thumb:

Yeah I admit I knowingly ride in stuff I know will destroy my running gear, but I will say that if I regularly greased my bearings it might extend the life of the bearings, but I'm still gonna destroy bearings sprockets,chains and seals, quicker than most even if you don't maintain your suspension and running gear.

Yeah I admit I knowingly ride in stuff I know will destroy my running gear, but I will say that if I regularly greased my bearings it might extend the life of the bearings, but I'm still gonna destroy bearings sprockets,chains and seals, quicker than most even if you don't maintain your suspension and running gear.
True. It's all comes down to what you ride and ride on. I myself will avoid mud puddles and rocky sections at all costs. Rocks are evil and killed my radiators :( I am a fan of the moist soft stuff but sometimes it's unavoidable

every year or 50 hours, which ever comes first, always plenty of grease left that still looks like melted down twizzlers :thumb:

when i first started riding Knik my friend gene and i got this brilliant idea that at the end of the day we could simply ride upstream a few hundred yards in that nice swift running gavel bottomed river to clean the bikes off before putting them in the truck. wow!! did that backfire!!