Dirt Bike Powered Boat

2 things-

It was set too high, the wheel was hardly in the water so it didn't work very well

They should run the coolant tubes to the water, just run lake water through the head and out, the way it is now the bike will probably overheat due to little air flow

2 things-

It was set too high, the wheel was hardly in the water so it didn't work very well

They should run the coolant tubes to the water, just run lake water through the head and out, the way it is now the bike will probably overheat due to little air flow

Running lake water would ruin the bike, but running the coolant with the rads, or something similar in the water would work, if you could keep it from getting too cold.

No kidding dude, brother pointed it out to me as we were driving. "Dude, that boat has a bike mounted on the back! I bet that thing goes nowhere in under 10 seconds flat.":smirk:

If you look at it on youtube the caption ends with
A little after the video ended, the motor on the dirt bike seized up, but for the brief trip it was able to make, it sure got a lot of attention!

Guess it did overheat pretty badly.

At first as much as he needed to kick it I thought he had a Husky on there.....PLUS, he must be new to boating...you might want to make sure your motor starts before "shoving off". :prof: it's a bitch to have to paddle back to the dock especially with one paddle. :foul: